The Spoon River Project (Day and Evening Shows)
Playing in Green-Wood Cemetery from June 13 to June 30.
Accompanied by songs including “Shall We Gather at the River,” “Softly and Tenderly” and “In the Gloaming,” 11 actors tell a story of the fictional town of Spoon River through its residents who have since left this world. Playwright Tom Andolora of Brooklyn College has adapted the classic American work by Edgar Lee Masters for the stage and directs the production as well. Enjoy the splendor of Green-Wood by moonlight, in what the New York Times calls “a true-to-life setting for voices from the dead.”
Want more? Stay up late on Opening Night for our AFTER PARTY. Surrounded by gravesites and the night skies, you’ll mingle with the director and the actors of The Spoon River Project. The party is open for all June 14 ticketholders and includes a cash bar.
And for the true night owl – take in one of our MIDNIGHT SHOWS every Saturday. Arrive at 11:30pm under the cloak of darkness for a special midnight performance of The Spoon River Project at Green-Wood. Click here to purchase your ticket for a midnight show.
Take advantage of our early bird special! Select discount tickets for each show available before June 1. Discount applied to box office below.
- This show is not recommended for children.
- No outside alcohol or food is permitted in the cemetery.
- Please arrive at Green-Wood’s main entrance (25th Street and 5th Avenue) at the specified time for your show. Ticketholders may use the Green-Wood trolley to travel to the show location.
- Chairs and benches are provided and all tickets are General Admission tickets.
- The performance is 80 minutes, with no intermission.
- Flash photography is not permitted during the performance.
- In the case of rain, the performance will be held inside Green-Wood’s historic chapel and seating will be first-come, first-serve. Any tickets not admitted to the chapel that night will be redeemed for one of our prescheduled rain dates on June 19, June 26, July 1 or July 2.
Tickets for all shows may be reserved online via Eventbrite. For group rates, please call 718-210-3071.
The Green-Wood Historic Fund's mission is to maintain Green-Wood's monuments and buildings of historical, cultural and architectural significance; advance public knowledge and appreciation of this significance; and preserve the natural habitat and parklands of one of New York City's first green spaces.
Please note: all ending times listed are approximate, and all tickets are non-refundable unless event is canceled or rescheduled (in which case ticket price minus service fees can be refunded).
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.