San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Southern Food Writing Conference celebrates the art and craft of writing about food in the South.
MAY 18-19, 2017
Join with writers, readers, publishers and publicists in a fun and intimate setting to share your love of writing and all things Southern. The Conference schedule includes two days of individual speakers and expert panels, interspersed with performance interludes of readings, music and humor.
We are honored and thrilled to have such accomplished presenters in the food world this year. Come hear from and meet:
- Melissa Clark, food columnist of the New York Times and author of the upcoming Dinner: Changing the Game
- Ronni Lundy, author of the celebrated Victuals edited by Francis Lam
- John Currence, James Beard winning chef and author of the new Big Bad Breakfast
- Asha Gomez, author of My Two Souths written with Martha Foose
- Toni Tipton Martin, author of the James Beard winning Jemima Code
- Jennifer V. Cole, acclaimed editor and journalist, and co-writer of the upcoming Chasing The Gator: Isaac Toups and the New Cajun Cooking
- Erin Byers Murray, author of the new compilation, A Colander, Cake Stand, and My Grandfather’s Iron Skillet
Plus, special presentations by the makers of White Lily Flour and the contributors to BiscuitFest’s new food writing initiative, The 50 States of Biscuits.
A Southern Food Writing Conference wouldn't be complete without food, and lots of it! Your registration includes breakfast and lunch each day, prepared by some of our favorite chefs from around the South. It also includes a special trip to Blackberry Farm for cocktails in the garden and an incredible dinner in The Barn. This is an experience not to be missed.
We are so excited to be presented by White Lily Flour for our 2017 Southern Food Writing Conference! The Conference is part of the schedule for the International Biscuit Festival, one of the most popular food events in the Southeast. Come and join us May 18-20 for all the fun!