The Social Pitch provides citizens with an opportunity to receive funding and complete projects. It is an alternative funding model for community good.
How does it work?
- People with great, early-stage ideas (projects or startups) that will provide lasting benefit to their community submit applications, and we pick five of them to present their ideas on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
- Then, community members buy tickets to attend, each ticket granting the attendee a delicious bowl of soup from Soup Cycle and (most importantly) a vote.
- After the five presentations, the attendees vote, and all of the votes are tallied. The presenter with the most votes gets to pick one of our five awesome prizes. The presenter with the seond most votes gets to choose a prize next; the presenter with the third most votes gets to choose a prize next; and so on and so forth.
The Prizes (Everyone is a Winner.)
Each presenter receives:
- Cash Prizes from ticket revenue of The Social Pitch and business service prizes (such as marketing or tech support)
- Your own custom-made promotional video to use to promote your project (value: $500)
- Pitch advice from Rosetta Shaw, Program Manager of Sustainable Valley Technology Group, an incubator/accelerator in Southern Oregon (value: $150)
- 3-month full-time co-working membership at HatchLab (value: $825)
- Plus, the experience and networking the finalists gain from being a part of this program and community (value: priceless)
Applications are due by March 10, 2017. Please make sure to purchase the “Presenter Application & Ticket” ticket in order to apply.
Your ticket price gets you a delicious bowl of soup and a vote. At the end of the afternoon, after hearing the presentations and a short Q&A session, ballots are counted, and prizes are awarded. One hundred percent of the ticket revenue goes to funding the Cash Prizes. Your money goes directly to supporting an amazing community project or social enterprise!