$10

The Second Healy Block Walking Tour

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Mueller Park

2509 Colfax Avenue South

Minneapolis, MN 55405

View Map

Friends Who Are Going
Event description

Description

Come see the 22 houses that make up the central block of the Wedge, historically known as Lowry Hill East. There is a strong architectural unity, illustrating Minneapolis architecture after the Chicago World's Fair of 1893. Master Builder T.P. Healy designed nine houses, built eight. Includes houses by other master builders (including Henry Ingham, Fred Anderson, and Henry Muther, among others) and architects like W.C. Whitney; Boehm & Cordella; and Edward Stebbins.

Lowry Hill East was a streetcar suburb developing from the outside along Lyndale Avenue, Hennepin Avenue, and 27th and 28th Street streetcar lines. The houses on this block were built between 1895 and 1911, as the Victorian Age gave way to the Edwardian Age in the run-up to the Great War. We will tour the houses chronologically.

This tour will walk about three blocks, and is led by local old-house experts Anders Christensen, who will define the architectural styles; and Kathy Kullberg, who spins the secret tales of the families within.


Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Mueller Park

2509 Colfax Avenue South

Minneapolis, MN 55405

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved