Join United Way's Housing and Homelessness Coalition for "The Road Home: 2013 Shelter Bus Tour" and showing of "Street Pulse", a recent documentary film featured on PBS focusing on hope and the homeless. Bus seating is limited and advanced registration is required. Please note: the Documentary showing is NOT required, but an opportunity to all Bus Tour participants.
The Road Home | United Way Housing and Homelessness Coalition National Homelessness Awareness Week Events
Shelter Bus Tour Details:
- Arrive at the United Way of Marathon County (ample parking available) and join fellow community members on a bus tour (a boxed lunch will be provided by Urban Street Bistro).
- Stop 1: The Women's Community- Brief tour and information on services.
- En route to Stop 2: Hear from Jeff Sargent, North Central Community Action Program Executive Director as he shares how local housing assistance funding helps families and individuals and where they connect with housing options in our community.
- Stop 2: Randlin Homes- Brief tour and information on services.
- En route to Stop 3: Hear from JoAnn Janikowski, Marathon County Hunger Coalition on how and what we are doing and can do to end hunger.
- Stop 3: Wausau Community Warming Center: Brief tour and information on services.
- Stop 4: Salvation Army: Brief tour and information; short movie trailer of the documentary, "Street Pulse". This will be shown at UWMC's theater at 5:15 p.m. same day as the shelter bus tour (11.20.2013).
- En Route to Stop 5:Hear from MaiGer Moua, United Way's 2-1-1 Director, as she shares what and how 2-1-1 connects people to basic needs resources in Marathon County.
- Final Stop: United Way: A tour and information shared (optional).
Local Screening of "Street Pulse", documentary by Marc Kornblatt
- Street Pulse is a documentary about Robert and Angel Huffar and their journey on the streets. Robert and Angel met in 2010 at the Capitol (Madison, Wis.) while looking for work and support groups. They sell and write for the Street Pulse newspaper to make a small income while they continued to seek something more permanent.
- 5:15 p.m. Documentary begins (68 minutes in length)
- Following the film's conclusion, join us for community conversation/discussion and snacks (30 minutes).
- 7:15 p.m.: Event concludes.
When & Where
Shelter Bus Tour begins at United Way of Marathon County | Documentary Screening at University of Wisconsin Marathon County Campus Theater
705 South 24th Avenue
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CST)
Add to my calendar