Skip Main Navigation
Page Content
This event has ended

Save This Event

Event Saved

The Race 2.0

Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

Sunday, November 2, 2014 from 9:40 AM to 3:00 PM (EST)

The Race 2.0

Ticket Information

Donation Type Sales End Amount
Supporter Ended

Who's Going

Loading your connections...

Share The Race 2.0

Event Details

It's youth versus experience in a tech community showdown at the NYC Marathon.

Simulmedia CEO Dave Morgan will take on Charlie O'Donnell of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures in a friendly wager for charity.  Dave will be running for the Ioanna C. Moore Foundation and Charlie will be running for the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse.  

The faster runner will see 80% of the donations raised go to his charity, with the runner up charity getting the other 20%.  You can participate by using the ticket form below and typing in a donation number.  If you'd prefer to be anonymous, you can just type "Anonymous" into the Display Name field.  

Both runners are aiming for a 3:40:00 time, which would be a PR for both of them, so it will be an interesting race to watch.  

Dave and Charlie thank you for your support of these two great charities and look forward to seeing you on the course on race day.

 

The Ioana C. Moore Foundation

The goal of the Ioanna C.Moore Foundation is to fight brain tumors and enhance the research that goes into finding a cure. Our ultimate goal is to rid the world of brain tumors by donating our proceeds to the foremost researchers in this field. The research will specifically target what causes the disease as well as new and innovative treatment options. We will be conducting regular fund raising events each year.

 

The Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse

The purpose of the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse, a registered NYC non-profit organization, is to promote human-powered boating and safe public access to the Brooklyn waterfront, to provide opportunities for people to learn about and participate in human-powered boating, and to promote environmentally sound policies that provide for and sustain human-powered boating in New York harbor.

Have questions about The Race 2.0? Contact Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

When & Where


New York City
Central Park
New York, NY

Sunday, November 2, 2014 from 9:40 AM to 3:00 PM (EST)


  Add to my calendar

Please log in or sign up

In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.