The creating of an artwork is a journey. It begins with the first step into the world, the first stroke of the paintbrush. It is an alchemical process between the rational and un-rational mind. We will explore concept and material while learning about process and practicing craft.
The story of the Grail has been a myth deeply woven through history, something to be attained and ever evasive. What if the origins of the Grail had other very relevant messages for us?
Come spend a day with us diving into your Art while exploring new avenues of perception.
WORKSHOP FEE (incl. evening talk): $180 AUD
- Hands on workshop with Amanda Sage, Christopher Ulrich and Joe Bob Merritt
- Catered lunch
- Base materials
- Evening talk and slide show with Amanda & Christopher
- 9:30 am- arrive to gallery
- 10-1 pm - Workshop
- 1-2 pm - Lunch
- 2-6 pm - Workshop
- 6-7:30 pm - Dinner
- 8-10 pm - Evening talk
- 1x 11x14” canvas board
- Vine charcoal
- Spray fixative
- limited palette of acrylic paint
- matt medium
- palette paper
- cups for water
- paper towels
- large flat glazing brushes
Materials for students to bring:
- small assortment of soft bristled brushes for acrylic (filberts, rounds)
- sketch book for notes & sketches
- Portable easel is recommended, but optional. We will only have a small number of easels available but will have tables and chairs for everyone.
EVENING TALK ONLY FEE: $30 AUD
- 8-10 pm - Evening talk and slide show with Amanda & Christopher