This event is designed for advisors to low-to-mid market business owners. This includes: M&A advisors | wealth managers | attorneys | exit planners | investment bankers | accountants | commercial bankers | consultants.
Learn how to win new business from business owners and maximize the relationship with existing owner clients.
Advisors consistently face the challenge and frustrations of the business owner's psychology at the point of exit and transition. This can be evidenced in a variety of ways including self-sabotaging the selling of a company, failing to plan for exit, and saying one thing and doing another at critical moments. Such events can cause significant loss for advisors who are invested in the owner successfully exiting (such as M&A advsiors) as well as stymie the best efforts of wealth managers and exit planners who want to see the owner maximize their wealth and legacy.
The answer for the owner is not more technical information (or even more rounds of golf) in the hope of winning them over.
We believe the best untapped opportunity for your success with business owner clients is to understand their psychology and work with it. This approach is far superior to the everyday methods which often build resistance for the very thing you are trying to achieve.
This training is designed so that you:
- Have access to the leading academic research into this developing field
- Build up your understanding of what makes business owners tick and how you best work with their style
- Be able to reliably identify which owners are more able to exit their business – and why
- Learn how to use PhD based assessment tools for understanding owners
- Drive bottom line results for your business by better understanding owner psychology
We don't believe in cheap pop psychology that might well be fun and even inspiring but just doesn't stick when face to face with a business owner. Instead our work is grounded in PhD research as led by our senior partner - Allie Harding.
Our clients include Fortune 500 commercial banks, investment banks, M&A advisors and nationally recognized wealth managers.
The competition for high quality low-to-mid market businesses and their owners is intense.
Understanding and working with the psychology of the owner can give you the competitive edge that means more closed deals and greater results.
Breakfast and Lunch will be served.
If you have questions or would like more information before registering please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our Orange Country offices at 714.389.9318
Module 1. Welcome and Intro
Module 2: The Cat Won't Bark.
- Have a working knowledge of the basic psychology of successful entrepreneurs
- Have a working knowledge of an owner’s problem solving style and how it impacts deal development
- Understand the psychological components of entrepreneurial motivation
- Understand the importance of systems thinking
- Understand the relationship of time as a variable
Module 3 Tools and Application
- Understand the stages of exit and how the implications of an owner's inclination are experienced
- Learn to easily apply the theoretical model in their every day interactions with owners
- Learn when formal assessment of owners is most appropriate and useful for maximizing ROI
- Be able to design a customized approach based on the owner’s assessment results
Module 4 Communication & Owner Engagement
Participants will learn:
- The 4 basic styles of communication
- Their own preferred style of communication
- The challenges of working across styles
- The potential that is resident when they can accurately determine someone’s style
Module 5 Building Your Laser Pointer
- Demonstrate skill at applying the fundamentals to real life owner scenarios
- Identify changes that can be made to their customer journey map to increase the likelihood of piquing owner interest and delivering the right touches to the right owners at the right time
- Be able to identify how their current practice does and does not align with the needs of an entrepreneurial owner
- Develop a coherent set of actions for both immediate application and and long term development
Does this training qualify for CEUs
This training qualifies for CEPA CEUs.
Are there corporate discounts available?
Yes. If you are interested in bringing multiple people from your firm please drop us a note at email@example.com and we will contact you to discuss the options available.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Complimentary valet parking is available
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
firstname.lastname@example.org or 714 389 9318