Approximately 800 seats go on sale in a second and final ticket offering for The Polar Express™ 2016. These tickets will go on sale at 8 a.m. Central Time on Saturday, October 29.
As is usual for this event, we expect these tickets to go fast. Your chances of buying tickets are improved by being ready with your credit card and preferred date(s) at the moment these tickets go on sale.
The offering will include:
- Deluxe Class tables ONLY for Friday, November 18 for three trips at 4:30 p.m., 6 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.
- All classes of seating on Saturday, November 19 at 9 p.m. ONLY.
- All classes of seating on Saturday, November 26 at 9 p.m. ONLY.
Ticket classes are coach, Special Coach, and Deluxe Class.
The total capacity added will be just under 800 seats. Remember that there are a lot of you competing for very few seats, so please be aware that not all of you will be successful.
Some of you have asked about an "access code" on the Eventbrite site from which tickets are purchased. This is an unwanted side effect of the fact that the tickets are currently hidden from sale. The date pulldown and the menu from which you choose ticket classes will become available when the tickets go on sale at 8 a.m. Central Time on Saturday, October 29. Sorry for this; we know this behavior is a little confusing.
NOTE: If you have questions or problems with ticket purchases on or after the date of sale, please contact the Museum's ticket office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and not by telephone. We can offer you better customer service by email; the volunteers who answer the Museum's telephone number have only limited ability to help with ticketing issues.
Classes of Tickets:
- Deluxe: $280 – Price is for table of four, and includes train ride for up to four passengers of any age. Sorry; we do not sell partial tables. Learn more about Deluxe Class.
- Special coach: $50 – Price is per rider, ages 2 and up. Only ticketed passengers will have seats reserved. Children under age 2 must ride on a adult's lap, or must have their own ticket. Each special coach rider will receive their very own special Polar Express™ hot chocolate mug. NOTE: Special coach and regular coach tickets are seated in separate rail cars. In order for your entire group to be seated together, all your tickets must be in a single ticket class.
- Coach: $35 – Price is per rider, ages 2 and up. Only ticketed passengers will have seats reserved. Children under age 2 must ride on a adult's lap, or must have their own ticket.
For train times, please see "Select a date" button above, or see our website for more details.
Read along with the story as the train makes its hour-long round-trip journey to the North Pole. Meet Santa and enjoy caroling, hot chocolate, surprises and a treat. And, for those who believe, a special gift for each child.
Children are encouraged to wear their pajamas!
The Illinois Ticket Sale and Resale Act prohibits resale of tickets to our events at a price greater than the face value set by the Museum. Violation is a criminal offense punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 and one year in jail for each ticket sold in violation of the law. The Museum reserves the right to revoke all tickets purchased by a reseller, and such tickets will not be honored by the Museum. Furthermore, the Museum will refer any illegal resale of tickets for Museum events to the States Attorney and Attorney General for criminal prosecution. For further detail, please refer to the Museum's full ticket policy.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for The Polar Express™
™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Based on "The Polar Express" book and characters ™ and © 1985 by Chris Van Allsburg. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.