Actions and Detail Panel
The People's Revolt
Tue, March 21, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Do you have what it takes to make history?
The gates to the Tower of London are locked; those inside must answer to us all. Their wealth is our austerity, our poverty and tax. But they are few and we are many. We brought this revolt to their door and I ask you now: Do you have what it takes to make history?
Set in the near future, events mirror those of the Peasants Revolt of 1381 led by revolutionary Wat Tyler, when people’s protest turned to violent revolt over taxes, austerity and unstable leadership.Experience what it’s like to be at the centre of a critical moment in this nation's past, live the build-up through digital storytelling then let the lines between history and reality blur as you storm the Tower and decide the fate of the nation.
****PLEASE BE AWARE****
This event contains strong language and adult themes and is only suitable for people 18 years of age and over.
This event takes place across a site with uneven surfaces, cobbles, low lighting, and many steps and therefore is not recommended for those who have limited mobility.
TICKETS: Full Price: £25.50, Concessions: £23.00 (Incl, HRP member, Students, Tower Hamlet Residents)
TIME: 18.00, 18.30, 19.00, 19.25, 19.50
DURATION: 60 mins
AVAILABLE DATES: 20, 21, 23, 24, 25 March 2017
- Under no circumstances will late comers be admitted, bookers must arrive 10 mins before their start time.
- The event begins near to Tower Hill station, and NOT the main entrances of the Tower of London. The exact location will be sent to you via email a few days prior to the event.
- This event is outside for the majority of the time so please dress appropriately.
- Wear appropriate footwear for outside areas, including pavements, grass and cobbles.
- You will need your mobile phone for the evening, to receive and send text messages and phones calls. Please make sure you arrive with your battery at least half charged. It does not need to be a smartphone.
- This event does not include access to the Crown Jewels or any of the main Towers.
This event involves using steps around the historic site and is unfortunately not suitable for wheelchair users or for people with limited mobility. If participants have particular access requirements, please contact 0203166 6646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out about more events from Historic Royal Palaces please sign up here.