The Original Virtual Run 5k
Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The first Joggermom Marathon started in 2010 before anyone else. It was hastily put together and from then we have grown bigger but we still continue to find new ways to make your running experience better. Like our original marathon, we have prizes that finishers will get a chance to win. Prizes from our sponsors like an $100 Amazon gift card and four $25 Joggermom gift cards. Our version of the 5k run is that there is going to be two 5K dates a month that you can run on. This way, if one of the Saturday's don't work for you, you always have another chance. If you are new to running, try splitting the 5K over both Saturday's. Anybody that can do 10k over the two Saturdays will get sent a personalized 10k bib with their name and unique racing number.
- 20% of proceeds goes to The American Heart Association
- Newsletters about popular running topics
- Prizes include $100 Amazon gift card and four $25 Joggermom gift cards
- Great place to hang out with like minded people
- Real medals (a 3.5 inch medal with an original design)
- Weekly Win It Wednesday to win great prizes available to only those that sign up.
- Join us on Facebook for the most up to date info
The American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest, largest voluntary organization devoted to fighting cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
Founded by six cardiologists in 1924, the organization now includes more than 22.5 million volunteers and supporters working tirelessly to eliminate these diseases. They fund innovative research, fight for stronger public health policies and provide lifesaving tools and information to save and improve lives.
The nation’s leader in CPR education training. They help people understand the importance of healthy lifestyle choices. They provide science-based treatment guidelines to healthcare professionals to help ensure the best treatment for every patient, every time. They educate lawmakers, policy makers and the public as they advocate for changes to protect and improve the health of communities.
How to get started
2. Once the marathon starts, just enter your miles into our web app located on the right hand side of our marathon blog (marathon.joggermom.com), or download it from itune (search for joggermom)
3. You can use the app to see your miles completed and see how you rank against other runners.
5. Once your miles add up to 5k (3.1 miles), we will send you your medal at the address you registered at the web app. If you have changed addresses, just amend your profile on the web app.