Actions and Detail Panel
The Oregon MACRA Playbook Conference
Thu, June 22, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:15 PM PDT
Oregon MACRA Playbook Conference: Medicare’s Quality Payment Program and the Move to Value-Based Care
As part of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA), the Quality Payment Program (QPP) changes the Medicare payment system to reward physicians and other health care providers for delivering high-value care. The shift from a fee-for-service model to a value-based one will require changes throughout the health care system, including better information sharing and collaboration between providers, and among health care payers.
This Oregon MACRA Playbook event provides a forum for these stakeholders, including primary care providers, specialists, independent practices, health systems, health care payers and policymakers, to hear the latest Quality Payment Program information from national experts and local health care leaders, and better understand what these changes mean for their organization.
The event program includes:
- Presentations from national experts from the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement (NRHI), the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Practical information on the two tracks of the Quality Payment Program: the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APM); detailed session on each of the MIPS categories (Quality, Improvement Activities, Advancing Care Information and Cost)
- How other stakeholders, including payers and policymakers, have a role to play in aligning their work with the Quality Payment Program
- Practical information for healthcare providers, administrators and others across primary care and specialties
Registration Fees: The registration fee includes a light breakfast and lunch.
- Individual Registration: $200
- Early bird registration: $150 (ends May 15th)
Registration closes June 9, 2017.
We hope you join us on this journey towards a healthier Oregon!
Registration is required for this event. Please note that refunds cannot be made after event registration closes.
For questions about continuing medical education, please contact email@example.com.
- The best bet is the SmartPark Garage caddy-corner to the Sentinel Hotel. There is an entrance on SW 10th Avenue between Alder & Morrison. Guests can either walk around the block to enter through the hotel side on SW 11th, or they can enter through Jake’s Grill on SW 10th and walk through the breezeway to the hotel side.
- There is also a City Center Parking lot directly next to the hotel on SW 11th between Alder & Washington.
Trimet offers service by bus and streetcar to this area - vist the Trimet website to plan your trip.
For those attending this event from outside the Portland Metro area, the Sentinel Hotel has a room block held until May 22nd at a discounted rate of $269 + taxes and fees. To book these rooms, guests may call the reservations department at 1-888-246-5631 and request the OMA Room Block or alternatively, use the OMA Booking Link 2017.