San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
For many, the art industry can be an intimidating world, an insular, closed category with overwhelming barriers to entry. But, in recent years, the emergence and embrace of fully online art experiences has challenged this traditionally exclusive market, promising to demystify fine art and increase accessibility.
But how can the growing online art category have genuine staying power? Will collectors, both new and established, ultimately feel comfortable purchasing pieces of art online, without seeing them in-person?
This panel brings together the online art industry’s brightest stars for a discussion on how the category can continue to grow and effectively penetrate the billion-dollar art marketplace well into the future.
- Mallika Rao (@mallika_rao) | Arts Reporter, The Huffington Post (moderator)
- Stephen Tanenbaum (@sltbaum) | Co-Founder & President, UGallery
- Catherine Levene (@cathlevene) | Co-Founder & CEO, Artspace
- Rebecca Wilson | Chief Curator & Director, Saatchi Art
- Alexis Tryon (@AlexisTryon) | Founder & CEO, Artsicle
- Sebastian Cwilich (@scwilich) | President & COO, Artsy
- 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Networking + cocktails
- 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm: Panel discussion/conversation
- 8:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Post-panel cocktails
When & Where
UGallery.com is a curated online art gallery that represents the top emerging and mid-career artists. Started in 2006, UGallery has grown to be the largest curated selection of art online, representing over 500 artists worldwide.