The NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium
Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
The Parents of Accelerated Learners, NYC [PALNYC] is pleased to present The NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium, a one-day symposium October 26, 2013, where parents, teachers, principals, education consultants, mental health professionals, ed tech specialists and experts will have an opportunity to collaborate, advocate, innovate and educate.
The NYC Gifted and Talented Symposium features keynote speaker Carol S. Dweck, PhD., one of the world’s leading researchers in the field of motivation whose widely acclaimed book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success explores how people succeed and how to foster success. Four strands of sessions include experts on talent development, social and emotional issues, the G&T process in NYC and supporting and advocating for twice exceptional and culturally diverse learners. A Curated Exhibit Hall offers a sampling of NYC’s best schools, programs and services for high potential youth, while the Education Technology ‘Ed Tech’ Discovery Showcase provides opportunities to explore web and app-based learning tools to support children and students. The Thought Leaders Roundtable discussion includes NYC’s most knowledgable and influential leaders in education.
Join us October 26, 2013 at at NYU’s Kimmel Center in the heart of Greenwich Village:
- Support the cognitive, social and emotional needs of high ability kids, 2E and diverse learners with advice from our featured presenters. Choose from any session within four strands that include: Talent Development, Social & Emotional Support, Negotiating the Practical & Supporting 2E & Diverse Learners and become stronger advocates for your child or student’s needs.
- Collaborate and network with like-minded parents, principals, teachers, education consultants and specialists from some of NYC’s top programs for high potential children.
- A Curated Exhibit Hall to discover local and online programs specifically focused on the talent and ability areas of your child, whether their passion is art, reading, math, animals, architecture, music, chess, dance, sports, coding, game design, entrepreneurship, theater or zoology.
- Education Technology (ED Tech) Discovery Platform with a hands-on opportunity to explore web and app-based learning tools to better support at home and differentiate in school.
- Thought Leaders Roundtable THINK TANK includes NYC’s thought leaders in educating high potential youth and sharing best practices. Join the conversation to understand how we may work together to provide the best foundation and continued support for all of NYC’s high potential youth.
Interested in Sponsorships or Exhibiting at the event? See the NYC G&T Symposium Prospectus for more details.
Event Registration is available for $99. Registration is non-refundable, but is transferable.
Download Speaker & Session Details
PLEASE NOTE, REGRETTABLY, CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE SYMPOSIUM.
When & Where
Parents of Accelerated Learners, NYC [PALNYC]
The Parents of Accelerated Learners, NYC [PALNYC] mission is to collaborate with educational organizations and experts to help parents support the cognitive, social and emotional needs of their children. Our offering of support includes educational workshops for parents and teachers, talent development-based resources and programs, mentorships and networking opportunities and a discovery platform for web and app-based learning tools for kids.
PALNYC is particularly passionate about closing the education gap in NYC by working with local outreach organizations to ensure that every parent has the resources to pursue quality education for their child.
PALNYC is the founder of the NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium, a one-day event to support parents and high potential youth. To learn more about this event or sponsorship opportunities, contact Angelique LeDoux, Executive Director and Founder of the PALNYC & The P.A.L. Workshops at email@example.com, or 212.343.8881. www.palworkshopsnyc.org.
Check out The PAL Workshops Blog for great workshops, resources and information to support your high potential learner year round. Join experts and practitioners in the field of gifted education and parent advocates in conversation about educating and nurturing these unique learners.