The New Rules of Getting and Keeping a Job You'll Love
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
Pat Flynn, Senior Director of Recruiting, Twitter
Today’s job market is anything but traditional. Job seekers have to go beyond the paper resume, leveraging social media tools and maintaining an online persona that highlights not only IQ but also EQ (emotional intelligence). How can you as an applicant use these new indicators of talent to better showcase your skills and convey competency, let alone find a job that you’ll love? Some say that cultural fit can be as important as title and salary, so how do you persuade an employer that you can not only do the job, but that you’re one of the team? Our panel of career coaches and modern job experts will help you craft your most-hirable self and conquer the evolving job market.
Not Your Usual Career Fair
After the panel stay for the hands on workshop that will include:
· Cutting Through the Noise – How to Master the Job Search with Judson Walsh, SFBT
· Innovative Online Cover Letters with Laura Hong, SmartRecruiters.com
· Interview Prep 101 with Lexie Forman-Ortiz, SmartRecruiters.com
· Negotiating Salary and Closing the Deal with Marjorie Weingrow, UC Berkeley
· Networking How-To with networking guru Porter Gale
· Recruiter Live Q&A: Hear It Straight From the Horse’s Mouth with a panel of recruiters
· One-on-One Mini Mentoring Sessions with life coachers, career advisors and more
· One-on-One Resume Red Pen Sessions with resume gurus. Bring your resumes!
· Take a Professional Headshot with In and Out Photobooth
Location: SF Club Office
Time: 6 p.m. check-in, 6:30 p.m. program, 7:30-9:30 p.m. not your usual career fair
Cost: $25 non-members, $15 members, $7 students (with valid ID)
We do not offer refunds.
The Commonwealth Club of California is the nation's oldest and largest public affairs forum. We bring over 400 annual events on topics ranging across politics, culture, society and the economy to 15,000 members.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.