Actions and Detail Panel
The Modern Man: A Dinner for Men
Sun, April 2, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM PDT
Are you a man? Do you like the smell of a rib eye roast transforming in an oven? Do you enjoy time spent with other Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and powerful players? Do you want a new means of networking and conversation? I welcome you to a dinner by and for men.
Network professionally, intrapersonally, and interpersonally. "The Modern Man: A Dinner Experience" will be an efficiently proactive 3.5-hour engagement that will leave you filled with good food and good conversation. You are the mid-senior executive, designer, a service provider, sales rep, unemployed entrepreneur and or retired. You are burned out on the traditional networking events that leave you with numerous business cards but nothing more than a mutually surface level pitch conversation. You are seeking a hearty home cooked meal with a feeling of close friends that can help your career and personal development.
This will be a reoccurring dinner for 9 men. There will be facilitated conversations, a 4-course dinner experience, and a guarantee of adding a deep brotherly relationship.
* The $20 will provide for the entire meal experience.
Still not convinced? Please read below...
The Problem: Men do not have the time, space and or relationships to be men. Men are not reaching their full potential when they are together because it is often times focused on work, substance, and or physical strength. Due to low Emotional Intelligence, lacking deep connections, today's Man is possibly experiencing more mental health related issues, more medical related issues (some as a result of poor mental health), lower relationship satisfaction and ultimately lower purpose in life.
- 1 in 5 men will develop alcohol dependency.
- Over 6 million men in the US will be diagnosed with depression each year. This number is not a valid representation of the actual number due to stigma and the past "male identity."
- Over 3.5 million people in the US will be diagnosed with Schizophrenia each year. 90% of individuals diagnosed with Schizophrenia are men.
- In 2010, a total of 38,364 Americans died by suicide, of this 79% were men. In 2015, a total of 42,773 Americans died by suicide.
The Answer: "The Modern Man: A Dinner For Men"
- Step 1: Invite invested men($20) of varying ages and backgrounds over for dinner.
- Step 2: General Networking + Hors d'oeuvres.
- Step 3: Facilitated Duos Conversation + Soup/Salad
- Step 4: Facilitated Duos Conversation + Main Course
- Step 5: Group Engagement + Coffee/Tea
- Step 6: Connections and Closing
"We are made male by birth, man by age, gentlemen by choice.
How much does it cost?
20$. This covers the 4-course meal and the overall experience.
Will there be alcohol or drugs?
Nope. This will be a sober experience. What you do after the event is up to you.
What if I have registered, but can't make it?
Please notify the Organizer immediately so that someone else may use the opportunity.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The group is intended for anyone 22 years and older. According to Wikipedia, 22-39 is considered "young adult." I want to create this space for adults.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There will be plenty of parking spots on my street. It is a residence in a culdesac.
What can I bring into the event?
Yourself, hunger, an open mind, a pen, a journal. But you only need yourself and hunger as we will have everything needed to complete the activities, at the end of the day, your person and male identity are the most important pieces.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email or phone. Whatever is clever. Just be clear about your attendance status. There is a limited number of 9 spots.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope, but, you must register and pay prior to the event. No guests will be embraced, they are not allowed to be added to your registration. Just share the link with them and if there are seats, they are welcome to register.