The Memphis Conference | 2013
Friday, September 20, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
Join us for the First Annual The Memphis Conference. The Conference will be a Friday evening only event and for the first year is targeted to the MTR family (residents, grads, mentors, staff, and building leadership).
The purpose of The Memphis Conference is to:
- Communicate and advance the Biblical foundation for calling Christians into public urban education as a valid response to the gospel;
- Communicate and advance the strategy of Christian Community Education (CCE) which is the combining of urban education reform within a Christian community development paradigm, and;
- Celebrate the exceptional work of current MTR teachers, mentors and staff and encourage these leaders to persevere.
Speakers and Topics:
- Anissa Listak, Executive Director of Urban Teacher Residency United (UTRU)
The landscape of national urban education reform and the residency model
- Bryan Loritts, Lead Pastor of Fellowship Memphis
Teaching in a public school as a valid response to the gospel
Hors d' oeuvres & Dessert will be served.
When & Where
Memphis Teacher Residency
The mission of the MTR is to positively impact student achievement in Memphis’ urban schools by recruiting, training, and supporting outstanding teachers, all within a Christian context.