This workshops will cover what you need to know to make the finest digital prints from your digital camera files. From exposure to adjustment/optimization, to choosing the right paper. Examples of different fine-art papers will be shown to make the best possible prints. And beyond the technical details, you will learn ways to make your images stronger and more compelling.
This course will cover:
• Workflow for the master file concept using Photoshop
• Using Adobe Camera Raw and or Lightroom
• Getting the most of our your digital capture
• What to do in Lightroom—and what to save for Photoshop
• Photoshop selection tools—tips and techniques
• Setting density and color balance
• Retouching, burning, and dodging
• Using Smart-sharpening techniques
• Black-and-White conversion
• Using color management to insure consistent results from monitor
to final print
• Final print critique: What makes an effective print?
• Presentation: Archival methods of mounting and matting digital prints