Get ready to make one perfect drawstring bucket bag! The Paradiso Liza Bucket handbag has so much to offer in a midsize bag--it has two strap options, interiror pockets and a hearty front pocket with optional zipper pocket, too! Learn how to construct your own Liza bag that will last for years and looks professional.
Come to Cheryl's interactive lecture on Saturday for the inside scoop on choosing fabrics, stabilizers and the inside scoop on making quality handbags.
Suggested fabrics for exterior: lightweight home dec, canvas, denim, wool, chambray and/or midweight linen
Suggested fabrics for interior: quilting cotton works best giving body without added thickness
- A copy of the Liza Bucket Bag pattern
- ALL FABRIC PIECES CUT, LABELED AND READY TO SEW (exterior, interior, muslin and fusible fleece) See pattern for cutting instructions.
- 1/4 yd. heavy fusible stabilizer (Bosal Craft Tex Plus or Double Sided Fusible Moldable)
- 1/3 yd. pleather* (can wait until class & Cheryl will help you choose)
- 1/4 yd. iron-on Vinyl
- 7 1/2 yds. suede or leather lacing
- 9" closed end zipper (optional
- 12 large (3/8") or extra-large (7/16") grommets (Cheryl likes the Dritz brand & will bring the tool to put them together)
- Paradiso Metal Trigger Hook & Ring Set
- All scraps
- Your own sewing machine
- Teflon foot or rolling foot
- Regular (zig zag) foot
- Regular 100-110 sewing machine needles for sewing pleather
- Regular 80-90 sewing machine needles for rest of bag
- Sharp scissors
- Straight Pins
- Rotary cutter and mat, if preferred
- Acrylic ruler (4" x 14" and 1" x 6" recommended)
- Water in a plastic bottle
- Lunch or cash for local restuarant (one hour break for lunch)
- Basic Sewing Supplies*
Cheryl will be on-hand after her Saturday lecture to assist with your fabric, stabilizer and hardware selections.
*This class is for Experienced beginner, you should have knowledge of how to use your sewing machine and be able to precut all fabric pieces.
*Basic Sewing Supplies – any supplies you think you need to finish your project and have a successful day in class – Sewing machine in good working order (with power cord & foot pedal) – extra machine needles, feet, bobbins, pencil/paper, tape measure, rotary equipment, seam ripper, pins, etc.
Please be courteous to other students, bring your positive attitude and learning spirit to class and leave perfumes and colds at home.
CANCELLATION POLICY You may receive a full refund of your event fee if you contact Fabric Depot of your request at least 3 days before the event. There will be no refund if we receive notification of your inability to attend the event with less than 3 days’ notice. Sorry, but there are no exceptions to our policy.