Actions and Detail Panel
The Leadership Challenge® Workshop, September 2017
Tue, Sep 12, 2017, 8:00 AM – Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
The Leadership Challenge® Workshop
The Leadership Challenge® Workshop increases leadership effectiveness. Based on The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership, the workshop is a 2-day experience that profoundly impacts leaders and organizations across industries and sizes.
Here you can buy tickets to The Leadership Challenge® Workshop on September 12-13, and tickets to the facilitator training on September 14-15.
Offered four times a year in Sonoma, California - the heart of beautiful Wine Country - our workshops are facilitated by highly skilled Certified Master Facilitators who bring the philosophy, principles, and lessons of The Leadership Challenge® to life through content-rich lectures, group discussions, workbook exercises, video case studies AND team problem-solving. In addition to a rigorous and effective program, workshop attendees will participate in The Leadership Practices Inventory® (LPI®) 360, and receive a complimentary debriefing coaching session with a Sonoma Leadership Systems expert coach.
What will you learn? Among other things, to. . .
- Identify your leadership strengths and areas for improvement.
- Better communicate and focus the efforts of others on fundamental values and beliefs.
- Inspire others to share a common vision.
- Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust.
- Strengthen others’ abilities to excel.
Deadline to register is August 29 to allow for pre-work.
Want to increase your understanding of The Five Practices or bring The Leadership Challenge® into your organization? If so, we invite you to participate in Facilitator Training. The Leadership Challenge® Workshop is a pre-requisite.
What you will learn:
- The research foundation for the Kouzes and Posner leadership model—The Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders®
- How to explain and interpret The Leadership Practices Inventory® (LPI®)
- How to facilitate a powerful The Leadership Challenge® Workshop in your organization
What you will do:
- Practice facilitating at least one module of the workshop and receive peer feedback
- Give a short "Speed Lead" presentation to acquaint you with questions that could arise during facilitation of The Leadership Challenge® Workshop and give you practice addressing them
- Engage with like-minded leaders and facilitators in a small-group environment designed to maximize participation, feedback skills, and learning
What you will take away:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Kouzes and Posner leadership model
- Ways to achieve a successful leadership development intervention including guidelines for customization
- Module-specific tips and techniques for successful facilitation of The Leadership Challenge® Workshop
- Certificate of completion—Level 1 (Pre-requisite for Certification)
- Eligibility to apply to become a Leadership Challenge® Certified Facilitator. Certification is by application and requires ongoing education for approximately two years.
Facilitator Training Pre-work:
Participants complete specific pre-work assignments in preparation for facilitator training. They likely will include:
- Participation in a recent The Leadership Challenge® Workshop including a recent LPI®
- Preparation for presenting a workshop module in class
The Leadership Challenge® pricing does not include lodging, breakfasts, or dinners. Special resort rate available for Sonoma Leadership Systems guests at the workshop venue, MacArthur Place. For guests staying at MacArthur Place breakfasts are included in the room cost. The 2016 Room Rate at MacArthur Place is $215 USD per night. We also host a mixer on Tuesday and Thursday evenings featuring Sonoma Wines and local cheeses.
For questions, please contact 707.933.3882.