For the Beginner or Experienced training helpers. I guarantee you - this is going to be a course you will value for years to come! The course will be packed with information, and you will go home a better trainer! Certification of attendace will be given.
Here are few of the topics:
- Understanding the Objectives during IPO protection work
- The Proper Equipment – pretty much every exercise would require some more specific sleeves etc.
- The First Steps – introducing the dog or puppy to IPO Protection work
- Step by Step – the importance of having a methodical program with vision, so there are no “wholes” in the dog’s knowledge to fix later on.
- Teaching all Exercises - blind search, bark and hold, escape, transports, long bites
- Problem Solving – weak barking, stick unsure, guarding phase, gripping behavior, long bite and more
- Helper techniques, presentations, drives, catches and more
We will also have video evaluations when needed. Helpers are encouraged to bring a dog or Handler/Dog team they are working with at home. Bring videos of yourself doing helperwork, I will evaluate and help you improve.
Free Participation with a dog!
Interested in participation at the seminar with your dog?
You will get your dog trained for free while I demonstrate to the helpers, how I teach.
I will be personally working the dog(s) unless we agree that it is beneficial to get some work by additional Helper(s)
- I will need a dog that have problems with barking
- I will need a dog that have problems running blinds or do not know how to run blinds at all
- I will need a dog with stick problem
- I will need a dog with any issues on the long bite
- I will need a dog with problems with the gripping
If you would like to bring your dog ( as described above) DO NOT purchase ticket, instead get in touch with me, to discuss if your dog will be suitable for this event.