Do you dream about capturing that perfect image?
THE informal SCHOOL OF PHOTOGRAPHY is here for you.
Our introductory six-hour beginners’ course will help you master the basics of photography and set you on the path to a lifetime of fantastic photos!
For people that have completed the beginners’ course or those that already have a solid understanding of photography basics, we also run more advanced and specific courses.
Within the beginners course you will learn...
- set up your camera and basic camera layou
- set up your memory cards and formatting
- use the LCD panel
- photography basics including an introduction to key terms such as aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO, white balance
- understand camera quality settings and best settings to use
- correctly expose your photos and use in built the light meter properly
- choose your lenses
- understand white balance and what it means
- blur the background in your photos for effect, especially useful in portraits
- avoid camera shake and out of focus images
- position people and objects to look their best
- ensure your photos are bright and colourful
- frame your shot
- choose your equipment
- feel confident and enjoy the process of taking great photos
THE informal SCHOOL OF PHOTOGRAPHY
We’re here to help you improve your photography skills, from both a technical and creative point of view. Our courses cover both the art and the science of photography - from spotting and framing a great image, to really using your DSLR’s functionality to the full, moving away from the Auto setting!
You’ll find our courses fun, informal and jargon-free – with lots of hands-on practice to ensure you become comfortable with different techniques and styles. Class sizes are very small (max. 6 people) so you get the tailored, individual tutoring you need.
All pupils will receive a handy cheat sheet, comprehensive course handouts, as well as great tea, coffee and cakes!
Please see the FAQ section of the website for more information.
The courses are held in the stylish, private rooms of the recently opened Queen Charlotte, Windsor. The Queen Charlotte is located in the old cobbled streets of Royal Windsor, a stone’s throw away from Windsor Castle, and next to the Guildhall and Parish Church.
Please see the FAQ section on www.informalschool.co.uk for more information on the course requirements, location and logistics.