THE INDISPENSABLE ME is a seminar/workshop from the stables of BoughView Innovations that is aimed at building an indispensable workforce for the business environment. The purpose is to equip the Nigerian workforce with relevant skills that would ensure that they remain competitive and Indispensable either as entrepreneurs or as professional career personnel working for organizations. It is a one day program in which three relevant business skills will be taught to the participants by industry experts and would include interactive break-out sessions with different class activities and practical case studies to aid comprehension of knowledge gained. There would be an additional four weeks of online class discussion and case studies treatment to assist learners gain concrete understanding of what has been learned.
A: Entrepreneurial skills
One of the most widely recognized definition for Entrepreneurship is the pursuit of opportunity beyond resources controlled. Entrepreneurs seek to fully utilize the opportunities at their disposal and make a great business out of it. On completion of this section, participants will learn:
- Useful tips and grounded theory to evaluate their entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Important facts about entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial strategy as well as the best way to go about it.
- Just how to unlock their creativity and innovation to help generate more and better entrepreneurial ideas.
- Exactly how to identify and evaluate business opportunities.
- Ways of performing market research and choosing target customers.
- Management skills needed to make a venture successful.
B: Design Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
When you confront a problem, what do you do? Do you make a plan? Do you seek to understand the problem first before switching into the solution mode? The world has become complex, and so have the problems we encounter. Drivers of this complexity are, for example; globalization, increased intercultural contact, and changes in technology. Due to this complexity, there is a need for new ways to tackle the ever-present uncertainty in deciding what to do about a problem situation. On completion of this section, participants will learn:
- Specific Techniques to deal with the complexity of the problem you are challenged to solve.
- Different types of analysis (Actor, Goal, Causal, and Alternate) that will assist in problem solving.
- How to think outside of the box with design thinking strategies.
- How to explore user needs and how they guide problem solving.
- How to execute the design thinking process to solve problems.
C: Effective Sales.
It is essential as a sales person that you adapt your process to conform to the customer’s buying cycle. Misalignment with buyers is one of selling’s most critical mistakes. A solution driven approach to sales is essential if we are to align with our buyers buying cycle. Sales people are methodical, approach their job systematically, know they have a lot more to learn, and are sensitive to their customers’ needs and requirements.
On completion of this section, participant will learn:
- The difference between product sales and solution sales.
- The business decision value chain and how to align this with the buying cycle.
- Know what to consider when approaching a sale and know how to best position themselves into a winning position.
- Sun Tzu’s approach to strategy as it relates to sales.
- Identify important benefits in using a sales process.
- Identify how to divide and conquer a sales process.
- The meaning of technical selling and the process behind it.
At the end of the seminar, participant should be:
- Informed on the subject of Entrepreneurship, Design Thinking and Creative Problem Solving, and Effective Sales.
- Equipped with actionable skills from courses taught.
- Enthusiastic about increasing productivity in the place of work.
- Able to transfer knowledge to others (colleagues and business partners) and help solve complex problems that may arise within their business arena.
- Be pragmatic when tackling issues related to the courses taught.
Target Participant: Entrepreneurs (Intrapreneurs) and employees seeking to expand their knowledge on the chosen courses. The target employees may hold positions ranging from mid-senior level to the managing director of a company or may be any personnel that has the ability to take initiative within an organization with little or no supervision. There is also room for entrant level staff seeking such opportunities. If you are interested in learning the skills of becoming an efficient entrepreneur and how best to solve complex problem within an organization or any phase of life, then this program is for you. Participants also seeking to increase business profitability and growth alongside acquiring or increasing the effectiveness of existing sales techniques with their customers (internal and external) are welcome. You will be open to various case studies, class activities and short lectures from industry expert and achievers on the courses taught.
CHIMATARA ANYANWU- Customer Facing Supply Chain Manager Nestle Nigeria Plc
Chimatara Anyanwu is a Commercial/Sales professional with proficient experience in the FMCG sector; possessing diversified expertise in Sales Administration, Field Sales Management, Key Account Management, Professional Salesmanship and Specialized Sales Analysis. Has a strong sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Knows how to manage expectations and exceptions.
EDEM KUBIANGHA- Service Sales Manager at DELL
Edem Kubiangha’s specialty is in ICT services and solution sales, business development, project management, and strategic planning. A highly motivated result oriented person seeking to leverage over 10 years sales and marketing experience cutting across various industries ranging from Information Communication technology through Telecoms to Banking and Engineering.
EMERSON JOSEPH- Head, Business Development and Consultant Unit BoughView Innovations
Emerson Joseph is a business & strategy consultant. His motivation has been the vast experience that accompanies the successful handling of various business projects, as well as the relationship between effective strategy and stable business growth. Nurturing start-ups into full-fledged companies and helping established companies to remain relevant and productive is the career path that fully demonstrates his core strength.
Read More: https://ng.linkedin.com/in/emersonjoseph
AJIBOLA SANNI- New Business Development Manager, Computer Warehouse Group
Ajibola Sanni has a flair for IT solution sales and an acute awareness that what a customer needs at a given time is based on their physical and logical environment. With managerial experience, she handles business growth and marketing of products and services on behalf of the company. With sound entrepreneurial skills which have enabled her to tackle various challenges faced by entrepreneurs, she has proved herself to be effective in running a company into the successful and profitable zone. She’s passionate about ICT, the field where she is expressing her entrepreneurial skills.
FOUR WEEKS ONLINE CLASS
The four weeks online class is intended to support participant interaction amongst each other and also allow them ask for more backing from the trainers. There will be additional case study review to help drive home the gained knowledge. We would help flesh up what has been taught from the seminar.
Participant would be given a certificate at the end of the program (i.e. completion of the seminar and the four weeks online class).
AFTER EVENT SUPPORT SYSTEM
There would be the provision of support services for two months for participant working on a project and needs assistant on how to make it a success. Please Note: This support would only be in line with the course area.
We are giving a 5% discount on the Training Fee to any participant that register for the Seminar/Workshop two weeks before the event date (19thNovember 2016).
We have a special discount for organizations intending to sponsor more than 8 persons for the seminar/workshop. Please contact us.
READY TO MAKE A DECISION? CONTACT US
The Indispensable Team
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
BoughView Innovations (The Organizers)
Phone: 08087443679, 08030465415
Event Date: 19th November 2016
Event Venue: Maison Fahrenheit Hotel, 80 Adetokunbo Ademola St, Opposite Eko Hotel and Suites. Victoria Island Lagos.
Venue Link: http://www.fahrenheithospitality.com/maison.php
Event Fee: N45, 000 (Forty Five Thousand Naira Only)
Bank Details: BoughView Innovations
Account Number: 0228982279
Bank: GT Bank.