The Inaugural St. Jude Spring Social
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Please join us for an unforgettable evening of red carpet glamour, savory cuisine and signature cocktails, spinning by DJ Miles Robbins, auction, raffles, surprises, and more at The Inaugural St. Jude Spring Social.
All ticket proceeds and donations will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital where no child is turned away because of religion, race, or inability to pay. Since opening it's doors, St. Jude has developed effective research and treatment protocols which have helped push certain childhood cancer survival rates from under 20% in 1962 to over 80% today. These treatments are never at any cost to patients and families, and with daily operating costs of $1.8 M, St. Jude relies heavily on public donations and fundraising events to continue their lifesaving work. With your contribution, we can provide hope to those who are fighting for life each day.
Celebrity and Host Committee:
Billy Bob Thornton, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Alyssa Milano, Jonathan Jackson, Elizabeth Rohm, Marsha Thomason, Steve Guttenberg, Steven Bauer, Willie Garson, Elaine Hendrix, Holly Taylor, Danny Aiello, Alex McCord, Sean Stone, Amy Fine Collins, Cole Rumbough, Liam McMullan, Lauren Lawrence, Megan Zilis, Emily Hunt, Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin, China Tian, and Ashley Passik
Some of our fabulous auction and raffle items include a 5 night stay at the luxurious Sloane Club in London, dinner for two at Le Cirque, a 3 month pass at Equinox, two tickets to the premiere of Apartment 1303, a Feng Shui consultation with Master Pun-Yin, and more!
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. Jude leads the world in cure rates for Luekemia
- During the past five years, 81 cents of every dollar received has supported the research and treatment at St. Jude.
- On average, 7,800 active patients visit the hospital each year, most of whom are treated on an outpatient basis.
- St. Jude has 78 inpatient beds and treats upwards of 260 patients each day.
- Research findings at St. Jude are shared freely with doctors and scientists all over the world.
- St. Jude was the first institution to develop a cure for sickle cell disease with a bone marrow transplant and has one of the largest pediatric sickle cell programs in the country.
- St. Jude pioneered a combination of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery to treat childhood cancers.
- The medical and scientific staff published more than 680 articles in academic journals in 2010, more than any other pediatric cancer research center in the United States. St. Jude’s researchers are published and cited more often in high impact publications than any other private pediatric oncology institution in America.
Sampling of Treatment Costs:
Average cost for treating acute lymphoblastic leukemia per patient: $528,621
Average cost of bone marrow and stem cell transplants
• Autologous (using patient’s own bone marrow or stem cells): $168,658
• Allogeneic related matched (using donor bone marrow or stem cells): $421,282
• Allogeneic unrelated (using donor bone marrow or stem cells): $576,515
Radiotherapy (avg. course of treatment for brain tumor patients): $90,000 to $104,000
Major surgical procedures (physician fee): up to $25,312
Physical therapy per hour: $516
One day of oxygen: $447
Average cost per inpatient per day: $6,772
Average cost per outpatient visit per day: $3,716
ICU daily room rate (room only): $5,000
Platelet count test: $69
Complete blood count test: $132
Chest X-ray, one view: $320
Spinal tap (includes physician fee): $282
• Red blood cell transfusion: $250 per unit
• Platelet transfusion: $525 per unit
• Fresh frozen plasma transfusion: $65 per unit
• Cryoprecipitate transfusion: $65 per unit
Average cost of one day of chemotherapy for leukemia or solid tumor patients (estimated): $1,474
Average cost of an ultrasound study: $2,596
Average cost of CT scan: $9,126
Above-knee prosthesis (estimated): $37,742