New for 2017! June 17th to 18th QEII Arena Telford
Immortals 24 is a new 24 hour, family friendly, lapped event, from the Beyond Marathon team. Beyond Marathon have been organising highly respected, well reviewed events for 5 years, and due to popular demand have added a 24 hour event to their event calendar.
Why are 24 hour, lapped events so popular?
Historically, ultramarathon events have been a niche market. Only the few wanted to enter a race where they might venture beyond a marathon distance. 24-hour lapped events have shaken things up! The course is not a large single ultramarathon-sized loop. The Immortals 24 course is based on a fast, easy to follow, 4-mile loop, and can be tackled solo or in teams, which makes it accessible to runners of all abilities; not just serious solo and elite ultra-distance runners.
Enter solo, in a pair, or team
You can run solo, in a pair, in a team of 3-5, or a team of 6-8. Each solo, or team member can do as few, or as many laps as they wish. If you are a team, every member contributes to the team performance, and can watch with satisfaction as the laps and miles grow.
The most exciting part about the lapped format is that every 4 miles you will run into our atmospheric outdoor arena/amphitheatre, and hear the cheers from your friends, family or teammates as you cross the start/finish line, ready to hand over to a team mate, or start your next solo lap.
Everyone can camp for free!
What else is great? You, your entire team, and your friends and family can camp within the arena from Friday night until the event ends on Sunday morning. There is no charge for camping.
Things for the family to do while you run!
The venue has been carefully chosen, and we think it’s the best venue for a 24-hour event in the country. It is at the all new venue, Southwater, in Telford, Shropshire.
Surrounding our main outdoor arena are a multitude of things for the family to do, whilst you are running, including;
- Closer to the Edge – High Ropes Course
- Bike Hire – Hybrid and Tandems
- Huge Childrens adventure playground. Different sections/areas for different age groups; includes sandpits and waterplay areas
- 11-screen Cineworld Cinema featuring IMAX and DBOX
- Ice Skating Rink
- Indoor soft play area
- Wonderland (small theme park for toddlers and children)
- Adventure Golf
- Local Nature Reserve, walking trails, and plenty of picnic areas
- Restaurants (Nandos, Bella Pasta, Chimichanga, Pizza Express, Zizzi, Harvester, Coal, Starbucks, Costa, Wildwood Kitchen)
- A new Premier Inn hotel
- Telford’s famous, large indoor shopping centre
- Lots of car parking
All of those are quite literally with a few hundred metres of the start/finish line! You can find more details and photoshere
- All with a short journey are; RAF Cosford (airshow), Hoo Farm, Ironbridge, Blists Hill Victorian Town, and many other attractions