The Humanness Revolution - The Commodity of the Future

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Canva

110 Kippax Street

Surry Hills, NSW 2010

Australia

View Map

Event description
The Humanness Revolution - The Commodity of the Future

About this Event

Brawn was the commodity of the industrial revolution, brains are the commodity of the technological revolution, and humanness is the commodity of the future.

Organisations of all kinds are realising the value of treating their workforce, customers and communities as humans - beings that are inspired into action by a shared sense of belonging and purpose.

Purpose and belonging can be brought to life through community experiences. Whether you are building a tech company, a restaurant, an ad agency, a homeless shelter or a city, humans are all inspired to realise your mission when they believe in the values you share.

In this talk, Chris will discuss how a variety of organisations and communities that celebrate the power of humanness can turn values into value.

Bio

Chris's position at Canva is the Head of Vibe and the Vibe team’s goal is to ensure everyone at Canva is empowered to do the best work of their lives, by providing an incredible workplace and environment for our team to thrive. Before Canva, he was an owner and chef of Orto Trading Co, a restaurant in Surry Hills. Canva’s founders, Mel and Cliff, were his regular customers. When taking the role at Canva, Chris aimed to build Canva’s culture in the same way he would run a restaurant: "I am building a community by creating experiences that people connect to. We have only achieved 1% of what we are capable of! My job is to help our team reach the other 99% of our goal.”

Closest Light Rail stop: Surry Hills

Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Canva

110 Kippax Street

Surry Hills, NSW 2010

Australia

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved