Welcome to Mystical India for Module 1 & 2 of the Heart of Sound!
March 15-27 and April 5-17, 2017
Is India calling? Join the world’s first yoga teacher training focused entirely on the transformational power of sound!
• Trainees will learn how to create a conducive environment for students to explore the yoga of sound through mantra, chanting, vocal toning, and/or kirtan.
• Trainees will be able to offer knowledgeable guidance about mantra practice to students and support them to create a daily mantra meditation routine tailored to their unique needs.
• Trainees will read and accurately pronounce any Sanskrit word from its transliterated form, using the accurate mouth position.
• Trainees will be invited to use their own lives as a model for deep transformation. By applying the tools from this course, trainees will clearly see their own non-serving patterns and learn how to lovingly create patterns which more closely reflect their true nature. This will enable trainees to authentically share the same tools to inspire students.
• The training is completely non-dogmatic; we assert that anyone from any religious background (including atheist), can benefit from the yoga of sound. We use the universal sounds of Sanskrit, and the tones of Indian rāgas as our skill-sets, but all philosophical elements are discussed in their esoteric (non-religious) sense.
• Our emphasis is on the development of fundamental skills and authentic connection to sacred sound (not on memorization or rote, mechanical repetition). Trainees will have a solid foundation to continue to build a deeply skillful repertoire throughout their lifetimes.
No musical or mantra experience required… You need not be a master musician nor wish to become one… The goal of the training is to provide you with tools to follow the pathway of sound to your inmost radiant Self and invite others to find their own direct connection. Anyone with a sincere desire to consistently access their true nature, and express it through their voice and life’s service, is WELCOME.
• The Origin of Mantra ~ From Silence to Sound
• A Non-Dogmatic History of Today’s Most Common Mantras
• Mantra for the Modern Yogī ~ Spiritual Disciplines for Integrated Transformation
• Falling in Love with Sanskrit ~ The Delightful Creative Play of Consciousness; Sanskrit from a Tantric Perspective
• The Body of Mantra ~ Mantra Puruṣa for Healing Physical & Energetic Levels
• Vedic Chanting ~ The Ancient Prescriptions
• Healing with Mantra ~ Elemental, Archetypal & Ayurvedic Approaches
• Ethics of Mantra ~ Sāttvic, Rājasic, Tāmasic Usage
• From Yearning to Praise ~ Chanting as Ecstatic Poetry
• Mantra Chanting Group Dynamics ~ Inviting Others into a Direct Experience of Sacred Sound
• Kirtan Chanting Group Dynamics ~ Inviting, Building, Peaking & Integrating a Call & Response Chanting Session
• Hindustani Classical Music Training ~ Exploring Rāga for Beginners
• Ayurveda & the Mind ~ Cultivating Thriving Balance
• Loving & Evolving Your Citta Vṛtti ~ As you Think, So you Create!
• Compassionate Communication (NVC) ~ Disarm your Internal Battles and Connect More Skillfully with Others
Be sure to sign up for earlybird discounts!
$100 off regular tuition, or $450 off the whole 200-hour course.
Hurry, early registration discounts end January 1st!