The Grind 10K Run/Walk at Beck's Mill
" Back up and Running "
Date: September 14, 2013
Location: Beck's Mill
4433 South Beck's Mill Rd
Salem, IN 47167
Fee: Early registration $22
Late registration (after August 30) Race Day registration $25
Proceeds are for the maintenance of the over 200 year old grist mill.
Course: Out and back course beginning and ending at Beck's Mill. A hill challenge out of the start, then slightly rolling, becoming flat and fast with a down hill finish.
10K RUN will have Overall Male and Female Award and 11 Age group winners with 2nd and 3rd runner up. Age groups are as follows:
0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and up
10K WALK will have Over All Female and Over All Male Awards
T-Shirts: are included with first 100 entries, $10 there after
Sizes: small, medium, large, xlarge, xxlarge
Your family/group can take advantage of a $10 family trail hike (over 4 miles of trails!) while you compete. Volunteers will be dressed in period clothing and ready to host this great event for all! Post race snacks and drinks will be provided.
The over 200 year old grist mill was almost in ruins after idling for more than 50 years until it was resurrected to a better than new state and reopened to the public in September 2008. It's story connects with many of our lives, when we've experienced set backs, and then dug ourselves out.....like Beck's Mill...Back up and Running.
For more information about Beck's Mill and all they have to offer visit http://www.friendsofbecksmill.org
You can also visit The Grind 10K FB page at https://www.facebook.com/TheGrind10kAtBecksMill?ref=stream
Be Sure to Register for "The Grind Training Clinic"
(separate registration page)
Date: June 22 Noon to 5pm (could end earlier)
Location: Washington County YMCA
1709 North Shelby St
Salem, IN 47167
Don't think you can do it?? Let us show you how...
- Professed speakers on the following topics:
- Nutrition - before, during, and after workouts
- Right Stuff - Proper running/walking shoes, gear, apparel, etc
- Bio-mechanics - Proper form, stretching (class participation), injury prevention
- Getting it done - Developing Motivation, Inspiration, and Determination
- Training plans for all levels (couch to 10K up to advanced for walkers and runners)
- Snacks, bottled water, and a training log book for all participants
- Concludes with a quarter mile walk/run
- Come dress to move!
Limited to 30 seats so hurry and register today!