The Greying of An Epidemic: Public Health, Social Services and Gerontological Perspectives on a Growing Local and National Challenge
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome and Opening Remarks by
Supervisor Ken Yeager, PhD, MA, President, Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
- Ken South, Director of Credentialing Programs, American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Brian de Vries, PhD, Professor, Gerontology Program, San Francisco State University
Resources from Sourcewise (previously Council on Aging Silicon Valley)
- Learn about the latest local and national HIV and Aging research and data.
- Understand medical issues pertaining to the aging HIV positive population locally and nationally.
- Learn the biological, psychological, and social effects of the aging population affected by HIV.
- Understand challenges with disabilities affecting the aging HIV positive population.
When & Where
Santa Clara County HIV/AIDS Systems of Care Roundtable
Santa Clara County HIV/AIDS Systems of Care Roundtable Series promotes a comprehensive system of care, education, and prevention for all people in Santa Clara County living with, affected by, or at risk for HIV/AIDS. We believe that it is important for all HIV/AIDS service providers and partners in Santa Clara County to collaborate and work in partnership to enhance the current systems of care. Through such collaborative approaches, we can create a seamless system of care, utilize our resources more effectively, identify the service gaps and needs, and better serve the community. The Santa Clara County Public Health Department HIV/AIDS Program organized the Systems of Care Roundtable to serve this purpose and bring programmatic personnel and providers together to strategize, network, and develop new relationships. For more information on our meetings contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.