The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2012 - Southern Illinois
Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (CDT)
West Frankfort, IL
The Great Cloth Diaper Change is Back Again!
In 2011 A Guinness World Record was set for the most cloth diapers changed simultaneously with 5,026 participants at 127 locations in 5 countries. The total number of participating hosts (not all qualified for the GWR) reporting were 203 with 6,363 participants from 10 countries! $5,167 was donated to the Real Diaper Association.
On April 21st, 2012 Parents around the world will be changing their childs cloth diaper at the same time to try to BREAK the Guiness World Records(TM) for most cloth diapers changed at one time!
This event is happening to spread awareness of modern cloth diapers for TODAY's parents!! Help us go down in history and spread cloth diaper awareness!
WE ASK THAT EVERYONE PRE-REGISTER IN ORDER FOR US TO KNOW HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS ARE COMING.
If you are bringing 2 babies then you will need 2 adults. PLEASE REGISTER 1 TICKET PER BABY.
We welcome all family and friends to enjoy this event too, they do not require registration or a ticket.
To register and obtain your FREE printable electronic ticket, please click the orange "Register" button in the "Ticket Information" box above and follow the instructions.
Please Note the following participant requirements set forth by Guinness World Records (TM):
1. Arrive on time! You must have time to get checked in and set up before the event begins. Participants who arrive late may not have enough time to qualify for the Diaper Change.
2. For this record, each baby must be changed from a cloth or disposable diaper into a reusable cloth diaper that must be able to be purchased by the general public in a retail store or online. Unfortunately, homemade diapers that are not commercially available cannot be used. This is a very strict rule from Guinness World Records.
3. All babies and toddlers must be 39 inches or shorter.
4. Each child must be paired with exactly one adult participant.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
On the day of the event (Saturday, 4/21/12), participants will need to arrive at the location no later than 10:30 to get checked in. Participants will then simultaneously change their children's cloth diapers when prompted at exactly 11:00 AM. Please note that diapers must be changed out in an open public place for verification purposes as required by the Guinness Book of World Records rules.
We need at least 25 participants to count for the record.
We are So excited to try and beat our record from last year!
This will be a FUN and exciting event that you will NOT want to miss!
For More detailed information, visit the Official page:
- Bring a changing mat or blanket.
- We will be having a raffle after the change- for a chance to win some really cool prizes (and donate to the Real Diaper Association) you may purchase tickets via event brite above. You don't have to be present to win.
- T-shirts will be available for purchase. You may pick up your t-shirt at the will call table at the event.
- The first 15 participates to arrive and get signed in will receive a goody bag with products, coupons and samples from our event sponsors.
When & Where
Mom's Milk Boutique
Mom's Milk Boutique is Southern Illinois natural parenting store.