The Great Atlanta Bicycle Expedition
Saturday, April 20, 2013 from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
From Castleberry Hill to Cabbagetown, Midtown to Mozley Park, Buckhead to the West End, unknown gems to unforgettable history, community gardens to champion trees, street art to high art...from Terminus to today.
Rediscover Atlanta...by bike!
Saturday, April 20th
- Registration opens at 7 AM
- Staggered start times from 9 AM
- Options include 7, 17 or 35 miles
- Bicycle police escort included for 7 mile route
- Motorcycle police escort optional for 35 mile route -- add $25
- Draft route maps: 35 Mile Route, 17 Mile Route, 7 Mile Route.
Subject to minor changes through April 15.
The Expedition will start and & end at Elliott Street Deli & Pub, with an after-party including lunch, beer and lemonade, live music and fun in the street.
Getting to Elliott Street
- Bike: the start location is located near downtown Atlanta
- MARTA: Elliott Street is a short bike ride from the Five Points or Garnett MARTA stations.
- Parking: if you drive, please park in the lot behind the Elliott Street Deli & Pub (200 spaces) or the lot across the street (50 spaces).
- Street closure: Elliott Street will be partially closed from the fire station to Mitchell Street.
- The registration fee includes your ticket to ride, maps & cue sheets& marked route, snacks and rest stops, a delicious lunch from Elliott Street Deli, and entry to the afterparty.
- One kid (16 and under) can ride free with each paying adult.
- This is a supported ride, with SAG (Support & Gear) vehicles, rest stops, and insurance. SAG vehicles provided by Zipcar Atlanta.
- On site minor bike repair provided by Outback Bikes and Snyder Cycles
- Helmets required.
Proceeds from this ride will allow us to provide Free Neighborhood Bike Classes throughout the city for another year! Free bike education makes us all safer and creates a culture of smart cycling. Help us keep this program running by riding the Great Atlanta Bicycle Expedition - have fun while doing good! (Plus there's the afterparty...)
This ride made possible with support from Aaron Watson's Live Smarter, Live Better initiative
Additional support from
- Rain or shine event
- No refunds will be issued. If you can't make it we're sorry to miss you, but please consider your ticket a donation to the cause.
When & Where
Atlanta Bicycle Coalition
Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is creating a healthier, more sustainable Atlanta by making it safer, easier, and more attractive to bicycle for fun, fitness, and transportation.