National Race Series for Adults & Kids Grades K-12
Help us fight against Pediatric Cancer
Since 2012 - Over 100 Races & Thousands of Smiles
On-line registration will close once 120 team limit is reached!
ABOUT THE RACE
Sign up for this national D.I.T. (Do-It-Together) family-friendly race that is modeled after the TV show "THE AMAZING RACE." For two-person teams consisting of friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. It's way more fun than a 5K and a perfect birthday party idea! Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com.
“What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him!" ... Testimonial
The Great Amazing Race series makes pit stop in NFL, NBA and MLB cities. The top 25 teams from each local race qualify for Championship Race and $2,000 prize. (Spring in Kansas City / Summer in Cincinnati / Winter in New Orleans)
We are partnering with the Max Cure Foundation's - Dunk Your Kicks program which fights against pediatric cancer. You too can join the fight by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to the cause. When you do, you will receive a free mulligan/time-saver token for the race. We believe that one good deed deserves another.
Teams consist of two participants: Adult/Adult, Adult/Kid or Kid/Kid.
Kindergarten and Pre-K are allowed if paired with an adult.
Race packets can be picked up 45 miniutes prior to start of the race.
Teachers, military, law enforcement and fire department receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
1. Teams of two people race against other teams around a one-mile cross country course completing a string of fun challengs speckled every 200 yards. Clue cards provided at each station directs teams to complete a challenge that requires teamwork - before proceeding to the next challenge station. Contestants strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time.
2. How well you work and communicate with your teammate are the most essential skills to winning the race.
3. Contestants should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
4. Racers can choose Recreation or Competitive level on race day.
5. Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty (easy,intermediate & difficult) , based on age and fitness level of the participants.
6. Racers can run, jog or walk. Plan on 60 minutes to complete the race course.
7. Unsure of a teammate? No worries, participants can be submitted at check-in on race day.
8. Reminder, this is a rain or shine event.
9. There's no reason to leave family and friends at home. Spectators are allowed to tag along for free to cheer on contestants and take photos for the scrapbook.
10. Birthday parties: celebrate someone's special day in a wild way! Our birthday party space can accommodate any size group. Space fills quickly so don't delay.
11. Mulligan/Time-Saver Tokens are offered. Teams will be given a second chance to complete a task and not be penalized. It's great for any race miscues. (Limit of 1 per team) Teams that donate 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes for pediatric cancer will receive token for free.
Every team that crosses the finish line gets an award to recognize their accomplishment. Medals are presented to the winners of each division (determined by grade of youngest team member): Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-9, and Grades 10 - Adult teams divisions.
The top 25 teams from each local race will qualify for the Championship Race and $2,000 prize.
The GREAT AMAZING RACE Series supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY family and academic initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be good ROLE MODELS by participating in three daily home activities (30 minutes a day, 5 times a week) at home, together with their kids, that have the power to improve their students's academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy. As with anything, children learn more from watching what you do than what you say. LEAD BY EXAMPLE! We recognize that it is hard to have success at school without a solid foundation at home.
When & Where
The Great Amazing Race Company
The Great Amazing Race Series began in 2012 as an activity to promote health & wellness for families, friends and co-workers. Since our initial debut, we have continued to grow hosting more than 70 race annually all across the country.