The Future of Mass Transit: A Mayoral Forum on Public Transportation
Friday, February 22, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
THE FUTURE OF MASS TRANSIT
A Mayoral Forum on Public Transportation
Friday, February 22, 2013 from 6pm-9pm
At the CUNY Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies
25 W. 43rd St, 18th floor, New York, NY 10036
FREE ADMISSION; RSVP REQUIRED.
Order tickets at nyctransitforum.eventbrite.com
The mayoral forum will cover a broad range of topics including, but not limited to:
- New ideas for sustainable funding streams to improve and expand public transportation
- Ensuring that public transportation keeps pace with job growth in the outer boroughs
- Safety for both the riding public and transit workers
- Hurricane Sandy and the impact of climate change on New York’s public transit system
This event is co-sponsored by:
- Latino Leadership Institute
- New York City Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- New Yorkers for Safe Transit Coalition Partners (Audre Lorde Project, Center for Anti-Violence Education, Girls for Gender Equity, HollabackNYC, Make the Road NY, NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault, Right Rides for Women's Safety, The Ali Forney Center, The Anti-Violence Project, TWU Local 100, UPROSE, WEACT for Environmental Justice)
- Transit Forward Coalition Partners (La Fuente, NYC Parents Union, UPROSE, Urban Neighborhood Services, TWU Local 100)
- Transport Workers Union Local 100
About NYFST and Transit Forward:
- New Yorkers for Safe Transit (www.NYFST.org) is the only coalition of community-based organi-zations working to eliminate gender and discrimination based violence, including street harassment and assault, which occurs in New York City’s mass transit system.
- Transit Forward is the only grassroots coalition organized by transit riders and workers in New York.