Want to learn about the latest innovations in urban clean energy? Come and hear from five startups tackling tough energy problems in our cities:
- Green Badger: Provides a cloud-based solution to streamline and automate the green building construction and compliance process
- Hive Lighting: Manufactures high output, flicker free, energy efficient Plasma lights for television, film, stadium, and scientific applications
- Sky Cool Systems: Improves the efficiency of cooling and refrigeration systems by harnessing the coldness of the sky
- Utility API: Provides a universal API for energy data
- Wattz: Makes it easy for Internet of Things companies to incorporate energy harvesting into their products
The discussion will be moderated by SPUR and Tumml Board Member Molly Turner. The audience will walk away from this discussion with a better understanding of emerging energy innovations going on around them in the Bay Area, as well as an appreciation for the unique challenges that come with launching a business that actually solves a community problem.
Tumml is an urban ventures accelerator with the mission of empowering entrepreneurs to solve urban problems. With a hands-on approach, Tumml provides entrepreneurs with capital and the tools to help scale their impact and enhance the quality of life in cities across the US and beyond. The companies featured at this event are the winners of the 2016 Tumml Urban Clean Energy Prize.
Photo credit: Becky Berry