Actions and Detail Panel
The Foundry 5-Day Intro to Coffee & Espresso
Mon, Jul 24, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, Jul 28, 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
From seed-to-cup to the basics of milk and beverage construction, this course provides a complete overview of coffee and espresso. Participants will learn about the basics of green coffee, an introduction to roast levels and profiles, brew bar basics, and much more. With hands-on training and classroom instruction from highly-trained baristas in the industry, we aim to teach by example in everything that we do. Our class sizes is what makes our program the most unique and best value. We are able to offer one instructor for every 2 students, making sure your investment is met and far exceeded.
The five-day schedule covers:
- Sensory Analysis
- Green Bean Composition and Roasting Theory
- Coffee Tasting
- Introduction to Tea
- Brew Theory
- Brew Methods and Brew Bar Workflow
- Work Flow and Staff Training
- Milk Basics and Steaming
- Dialing-In Espresso
- Drink Construction
- Latte Art
- Preventative Maintenance
- Scheduled Q&A Time With our Director of Retail and Head of Marketing
* Includes Q&A time and a certificate of completion.
* All information subject to minor changes without notice.