The First Multimedia and Vision Day will bring together multimedia and computer vision researchers and students from both academic and industrial research institutions in the Greater NY area. It is a forum that features:
- Technical talks from invited speakers,
- Poster presentations by researchers and students, and
- Open discussions among participants.
The goal is to provide a regular forum for researchers, practitioners and students to exchange ideas, present current work, address the latest topics, and share information in the broad areas of multimedia analytics, search and management, as well as machine learning, pattern recognition and computer vision.
It is jointly sponsored by IBM T. J. Watson Research Center and Stevens Institute of Technology, and will be held at Stevens on Tuesday, February 7, 2012.
The detailed location for the meeting is: Bissinger Room, 4th Floor, Wesley Howe Center, Stevens Institute of Technology (the building 19 in the map here: http://issuu.com/stevensadmissions/docs/stevens-campus-map?mode=a_p&wmode=0).
- John Smith (IBM T. J. Watson Research)
- Shih-Fu Chang (Columbia University)
- Heather Yu (FutureWei Technology USA)
- Tsuhan Chen (Cornell University)
- George Kambrov (Stevens Institute of Technology)
- Ying Li (IBM T. J. Watson Research)
- Gang Hua (Stevens Institute of Technology)
- Rogerio Feris (IBM T. J. Watson Research)
- Kristin J. Dana (Rutgers University)
- Rob Fergus (New York University)
Since the meeting will be held on a regular class day, there may not enough parking on campus. So the best bet is public parking -- the closest one to Stevens is: Central Parking System, 315 Hudson Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030, (800) 836-6666