FUNDAMENTALS & TECHNIQUES
Using ink to draw the figure is a focused and meditative process. Explore healing through slowing down and creating art.
Take home the essential tools & techniques of figure drawing with ink. Figure drawing with ink is more of a style than a science. This workshop, with the aid of a live figure model, explores three different styles: blind contouring, straight contour, and loose figure painting. Learn how to use these techniques to in order to connect your vision to an artistic expression. You will see figures in a different light, and understand a medium that is easily transported.
- Introduction: Fundamentals & tools to practice working with a live figure model
- Part 1: Get to know the figure (blind contour)
- Part 2: Understand the peaks and valleys of the body, one continuous line (straight contour)
- Part 3: Playful relaxed portion with drips, washes, and embrace the messy looser form of the figure (loose figure painting)
- Part 4: Adding color and depth to the contour