Arlyn Zones, Director of Education in Feldenkrais training programs internationally, will be in Tyler, Texas at Tyler Junior College, March 25th and March 26th to present a 12 hour, TOTA approved CE course, on using Feldenkrais techniques and philosophy in pediatrics.
Ms. Zones studied with Dr. Feldenkrais in the last few years of his life. She has an extensive background in pediatrics, developmental movement, and teaching . Add to your use of neuro-rehabilitation and neuro-re-education techniques with a beginning understanding of neuroplasticity as Dr. Feldenkrais taught it.
This workshop is highly experiential and will alternate between theory, Feldenkrais® movement lessons, video material, live demonstrations with children, and introduction to hands-on work.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to utilize the neuroplastic properties of the brain to enhance learning
- How to better understand the details within developmental patterns of movement
- How connecting a child to their skeleton enhances their ability to organize purposeful movement
- How the muscles of the eyes influence posture and weight bearing
- How to use a child’s own movement and position to perceive what the child needs
- How the therapist’s own physical and sensory organization influences the child’s ability to learn
- How the therapist’s intention influences cognition and motor function
Cost: $300.00 early bird by Jan 5, 2017. $325.00 after Jan 5th.
By mail: send check to Innovative Therapy Group, 401 E. Front, Ste. 123, Tyler, Texas 75702
Or Call: with Credit card information 903-531-2581, between the hours of 9 and 5 on weekdays. Our operation is small, so if you do not get a live operator, please leave a number where we can reach you.
Registration deadline March 17, 2017
March 25, 2017
8:30 -9:00 am Registration
9:00-4:30 pm Workshop
March 26, 2017
**Please wear comfortable clothes you can be on the floor in and bring a blanket to lie on.**
For more information, please call 903-531-2581 or email email@example.com
Date and Time
Tyler Junior College
Robert M Rogers Nursing and Health Sciences Center Room 1.132
1327 S Baxter Ave
Tyler, Texas 75701