The Expanding Role of the CFO
The Chicago CFO Leadership Council
Thursday, March 16, 2017 @ 7:30 a.m.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast and Networking
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Program
Over the last several years, CFOs have been asked to assume greater roles and responsibilities. For many CFOs, these new roles and responsibilities have gone beyond the traditional areas of finance and accounting. Examples include:
- Playing a significant role with the CEO and the Board in defining and shaping the organization’s strategy;
- Working with the CEO to drive critical decision making by the executive leadership team.
- Having responsibility for information technology and driving technology transformation and enablement;
- Leading critical strategic initiatives and transforming the organization by deploying new business models, undertaking M&A and undertaking growth strategies.
- Being involved with the Sales function to drive enhanced pricing and profitability approaches
- Transforming Finance to become a critical business partner to the organization’s operating functions in order to drive enhanced business performance.
The next few years are likely to result in even further changes and continued expansion of the CFO role. For CFOs this trend presents significant challenges both personally, as well as, for their finance organization.
With this theme as a backdrop participate in a facilitated discussion that will explore the expanding role of the CFO. In addition, the discussion will identify the implications of these changes and how CFOs can successfully position themselves and their finance organizations to ready themselves to adapt and succeed.
To register for this program, simply click on the tickets button above. All CFO Leadership Council members can attend this event for free. Non-member senior financial executives who are CFOs, Vice Presidents of Finance, Directors of Finance and Controllers (or the like) are welcome to attend this program for $50.
Please note that service providers or any executives who are not senior financial executives (CFOs, Vice Presidents of Finance, Controllers, Directors of Finance, etc.) will not be admitted attendance to this event. The CFO Leadership Council reserves the right to decline any registration.
More Information & Refunds:
For more information about this program or The CFO Leadership Council, please contact Emily Smith, Chicago Marketing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to cancel your ticket or request a refund, please contact Emily Smith, Chicago Marketing Director, at email@example.com. Refunds are available up to 24 hours prior to the program.