Hi everyone! You may remember the DEFINITIVE China D.C. Happy Hour 2014 and 2015 -- this year will be even more fun! Brought to you by Guotai Spirits, the Definitive China D.C. Happy Hour 2016 brings together China professionals and enthusiasts from over 20 D.C.-area China organizations, ranging from Chinese nationals, to students, to young professionals, to employers.
Please purchase your ticket on Eventbrite; prices range from free to $5. Due to popular demand, we have bought out a bar in order to host the event, but that means that certain aspects of the event will no longer be free. Your purchase of a VIP ticket ($5) includes one raffle ticket for signed copies of books and magazine about China, signed by their respective authors, and a free shot of Guotai baijiu (or perhaps a baijiu cocktail)! The books include:
- River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze - Peter Hessler
- Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China - Leslie T. Chang
- Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth, and Faith in the New China - Evan Osnos
- China Goes West Everything You Need to Know About Chinese Companies Going Global - Joel Backaler
- A Matter of Honour: Being Chinese in South Africa Book - Yoon Jung Park
Feel free to bring friends. Dress is business casual.
Do not forget to bring your government-issued photo ID.
Groups in attendance:
Blaze Dance UMD
Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership
Confucius Institute U.S. Center
Communication University of China DC Alumni Network (中国传媒大学华盛顿校友会)
DC Chinese Film Festival (华盛顿华语电影节)
DC China Society
Pacific Forum Young Leaders DC Chapter
Peking University DC Alumni Association (北京大学华盛顿校友会)
SAIS China club
Tsinghua Alumni Association at Washington DC (清华大学华盛顿校友会)
University of Science and Technology of China DC Alumni Association (中国科技大学华盛顿校友会)
Washington, D.C. Mandarin Speakers Society (中国科技大学华盛顿校友会)