San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you responsible for payroll or employer tax withholding compliance? Or maybe you were recently hired or promoted into the payroll department. During your indoctrination you are surprised at all the interesting things to do and how important this role is to the success of the company. You begin to wonder just how much there is to learn. Join us and develop a solid foundation for handling your company’s payroll obligations and complying with federal and state payroll laws. Learn where to find the authoritative rules to support your policies and procedures. Accelerate your learning using our organized and thoughtful delivery and determine to handle your role with confidence.
If you are concerned about your company’s ability to comply with U.S. labor and payroll laws, it is important for you to begin with a formal study of the rules of engagement. Help ensure your company pays your employees fairly and handles tax and other withholdings properly. We will help you master the laws and identify the best practices to keep your company in compliance and out of court. Attendance could save your company thousands of dollars in fines and legal expenses.
This course covers a very broad range of topics from worker classification, to employee classification, to establishing methods and rates of pay, what must be included in the rate of pay, hours that must be compensated as worked time, required benefits, de minimus working fringes, withholdings and deductions from pay, voluntary deductions, child support and garnishment orders, payroll reporting, analysis of risks of noncompliance, proper documentation of your policies and procedures and record retention requirements. We will show where to find the laws, how to interpret them and how to apply them in the most effective ways.
- Learn how to streamline your payroll processing procedures for maximum efficiency
- Learn how to compute each worker's regular rate of pay and why this is so important
- Update on the most recent cases affecting payroll, overtime pay, comp time, the FMLA, and the ACA
- Red flags auditors look for in your payroll procedures
- How to prioritize and apply conflicting federal and state laws
- How to handle payroll deductions
- How to maintain adequate records
- Receive valuable contacts and resources and references to key web sites and other invaluable information
- Learn with an engaging professional speaker and payroll expert
- You will walk away with a guide manual to help you apply the principles of payroll administration back in the office
- Opportunity to network with other payroll professionals and benefit from their experiences and questions
Who will Benefit:
Profit Businesses, Government Agencies, NGOs must all comply with these regulations. Below title will benefit by attending this seminar:
- Payroll Managers and staff
- HR Directors
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Small Business Owners
Note: Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Save This Event
When & Where
Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.