Join C-BEN and Public Agenda for the Quality Standards Convening
Tuesday, December 13th - Wednesday, December 14th, 2016
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, 5550 North River Road, Chicago, IL
Drawing on the Shared Design Elements and Emerging Practices of Competency-Based Education, leading program designers and system administrators from five C-BEN institutions representing an array of models have been working together over the last several months to create a first draft of Quality Principles and Standards for Competency-Based Programs. The C-BEN Quality Standards task force developed an iterative process and worked together throughout the spring and summer to achieve draft principles and standards that are universal enough to apply to all CBE programs, regardless of model variations. In the future, we envision these universal principles and standards will be augmented by additional stackable principles and standards based on model-specific, programmatic features.
The aim of this work is to provide standards to the field that institutions can draw on to inform the design or scaling of high-quality programs, and that can provide guideposts and assurances to policymakers and accreditors tasked with regulating this vibrant, and still emerging, field of practice. An online portal has been created to collect input on the draft and this feedback will inform the final version. Rubrics for each of the standards will be collaboratively developed by C-BEN members after the Standards themselves have been finalized through input from the field. This Quality Standards convening is a critical opportunity for C-BEN members to work together to build out and finalize the Standards & Principles, and associated rubrics, and to prepare for full rollout during early 2017
At this working session, participants will participate in large-group discussions and small working groups to gather responses to and ideas for the development and release of quality standards for competency-based education.
Read theses important notes before registering:
- One representative from each participating C-BEN member institution is invited to attend this convening.
- The attending representative should be deeply familiar with the design and build of their institution’s CBE program, and be willing and prepared to dive deep into issues related to quality.
- C-BEN will pay directly for hotel accommodations for participants as long as participants register by November 15th.
- C-BEN will reimburse air and ground travel as long as participants submit reimbursement information to email@example.com by January 6th.
- C-BEN will coordinate hotel reservations upon your registration.