The Carolinas Conference: NCPSA/SCPSA Joint Meeting 2017
THE CAROLINAS CONFERENCE:
2017 JOINT MEETING OF THE
NORTH CAROLINA POLITICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATION &
SOUTH CAROLINA POLITICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATION
You are invited to present papers at the first joint meeting of the North Carolina Political Science Association (NCPSA) and the South Carolina Political Science Association (SCPSA). The conference will be held at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina, on Friday and Saturday, March 3 and 4, 2017. We welcome paper submissions from all political science sub-fields, as well as full panel and roundtable proposals and volunteers to serve as discussants. In addition, we also welcome submissions from related academic fields that explore research questions of interest to political science scholars. While most participants in the past have been faculty members, both graduate and undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to present their work so that they can establish professional connections in the state and across the southeast region.
We are interested in work on topics including, but by no means limited to, the following:
- Bridging State and Local Divides in a Divided Democracy
- Election 2016: National and State Results and Analysis
- Black Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter: Police-Citizen Interaction in Charlotte and Elsewhere
- The Electoral College vs. Direct Democracy
- North Carolina Politics: Gerrymandering, House Bill 2, The Cooper-McCrory Election
- South Carolina Politics
- Teaching South Carolina’s Constitution Requirement at the Postsecondary Level
- Graduate Student Research and Scholarship
- Undergraduate Student Research and Scholarship
Paper proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for proposals and registration: Friday, February 17, 2017.
2017 Meeting Registration/Membership Fees Include Two Luncheons (Friday & Saturday) and Friday Evening Reception:
- $85.00 Faculty Member (Active or Retired) ($50 Registration + $35 Membership)
- $45.00 Student Member (Grad/Undergraduate) ($35 Registration + $10 Membership)
If you are from a North Carolina institution and would like to purchase an institutional membership, please write a check to NCPSA for $150. Mail checks to John Holder at Winthrop University, 340 Bancroft Hall, Rock Hill, SC 29733. Attendees with institutional membership will receive discounted tickets costs: $50 for faculty and $35 for students. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
The conference hotel is the Holiday Inn Rock Hill. Call hotel directly 803/323-1900 and ask for the North Carolina and South Carolina Political Science Asso. ROOM BLOCK – block code : PSA
You can also book your room here. The cute off date for accepting reservations into this room block is February 10, 2017.