Becoming Fearless, Serious and Strategic About Equity in Schools
The 2016 California Equity Symposium gathers administrators, teachers, and community members who are dedicated and passionate about improving outcomes of historically underserved groups.
Please join us in this important work to address equity issues in our schools. All you need to do is have a willing heart to listen and learn. Let's be the change that we want to see!
For every paid registration, you can sign up two additional people for free (after completing the paid registration, you will recevie an email covering how to register your two additional attendees).
Dr. Gail Thompson
- “Becoming Fearless, Serious and Strategic About Equity in Schools”
- Author of Through Ebony Eyes: What Teachers Need to Know But Are Afraid to Ask About African American Students
- Former Endowed Professor of Education at Fayetteville State University
- Former Board Member, African American Advisory Committee for the California SBE
Dr. Abram Jimenez
- "Equity Driven School Leadership"
- Former Chief of Schools San Francisco USD
- CEO, Illuminate Education
- Equity Driven Leadership
- African American Students
- English Language Learners
- Early Warning System
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Cultural Awareness/Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Model Minority Myth
- Trauma Informed Classrooms
- Supporting Muslim Students
- Restorative Justice