The Play With Purpose (PWP) Initiative uses screen-free games to build, strengthen and develop the EMOTIONAL, AFFECTIVE, PHYSICAL, ATTENTION, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL & COGNITIVE abilities of students through innovative enrichment programs, while supporting and inspiring educators to do the same through effective professional development offerings at the national, district and local levels.
Through attending The PWP Conference you will:
- understand the benefits of play and its impact on teaching & learning
- understand the significance of cognitive processing speed and how it affects student outcomes
- learn how to use screen-free games in your classroom to enhance your students' abilities to process information and make better decisions
- learn how to use screen-free games to teach any subject
- learn how to make adaptations & modifications to games to need your students' needs
- be inspired and be given the knowledge and tools to transform learning in your classroom
- have the best time you have ever had at a professional development event - after all, you get to play games all day!
General Schedule (varies slightly conference to conference)
- 8:30 - 9:00 Early Open Meet & Greet (Coffee & Bagels provided)
- 9:00 - 10:00 The Benefits of Play & Its Impact on Teaching & Learning
- 10:00 - 11:45 Let's Play - Experience The Power of Play First Hand!
- Some or the topics covered:
- Cognitive Processing Speed
- Thinking Skills
- Social Skills
- Communication Skills
- 11:45 - 12:15 Lunch (icluded)
- 12:15 - 2:30 Let's Play - Expierne The Power of Play First Hand!
- Some of the topics covered:
- Language Arts
- 2:30 - 3:00 Q & A with J. (The PWP Initiative founder J. Pine)
- 3:00 - 4:00 Closing
Why The PWP Conference?
Because, other than parenting, your role as an educator is the most important in the world! You are creating tomorrow’s great thinkers, problem-solvers and leaders. There is nothing more worthy
Founded by a teacher, we very passionate about teacher education and professional development - you, your students and your career are worthy of our best efforts!
When PWP Founder, J. Pine, started this conference several years ago now, he had a few specific goals:
- To change the culture of professional development through a dynamic, roll-up your sleeves, unique professional development opportunity for teachers
- To change the way in which teachers experience and think of continuing education
- To inspire teachers to use screen-free game play within their curriculum that meets Common Core standards - breathing new life into their classrooms and their careers
- To create a platform for curriculum development - developing, creating, collaborating and testing adaptations and modifications for use with varied student segments: large groups, small group, gifted, ELL/ESL, student leaders, Autistic spectrum, BD/LD, AV Impaired, ADD/ADHD, IEPs, etc..Equally important is to make sure we get these adaptations/modifications in the hands of educators, not only at events such as The Play With Purpose Conference but also through other means such as working with the game companies to include these adaptations & modifications in their game instructions.
- To make this opportunity available to teachers throughout the country
Through our workshops and The Play With Purpose Conference, we are changing the culture of professional so be ready to roll up your sleeves and get ready for the most fun you have ever had earning continuing education credits!
This is a day you will not want to miss! We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues at The Play With Purpose Conference!
What people are saying about The PWP Conference...
“I believe your programs will change the way kids learn, teachers think and the end result will be a more creative and competitive U.S. work force.”
- Al Waller, President - Out of the Box Games
“The Play With Purpose Conference is the most dynamic workshop you will ever attend as a teacher. You will be inspired, energized, motivated and reminded of why you wanted to teach! Most importantly, you will learn how to and be given the tools to transform your classroom and career through The Power of Play!”
- Elizabeth Perth, 6th Grade Teacher
“The education world needs to stand-up and pay attention to The Play With Purpose Initiative!”
- Karen Van DeWahl, 32 Year Veteran Teacher
"Not only does this conference provide extremely valuable tools and techniques for our classrooms, but Jason's passion, mission and vision for education is truly inspiring - I could not wait to get back to my classroom!”
- Kristin Walker, Lead Literacy Teacher
"We want to compliment The Play With Purpose Initiative on a well-run VERY worthwhile conference! We have attended the New York Toy Fair many times and they have nothing comparable. We love what you are doing—big fun!!!— and wish you maximum success.”
- Laurie Young and Kay Caskey, Educators
“This is a conference ALL educators need to attend! It has transformed my classroom and my career! AND, it is, seriously, the most fun you will ever have earning continuing education credits! Well worth every penny and more!”
- Michelle Lawrence, Chicago Public Schools
“Thanks again for a really great conference! I’m so impressed with your energy, knowledge, and your true understanding of the value of play.”
- Carrie Collin, University of Chicago Lab School