Gear up for my 12-week program, “The Artist's Way: A Creative Writing Course." This course offers a unique approach to Julia Cameron's classic book, The Artist’s Way, by incorporating the Creative Journal Expressive Arts Method (C.J.E.A.) into the program. C.J.E.A. work, originated by Lucia Capacchione, Ph.D., A.T.R., R.E.A.T. and author of The Creative Journal, combines right and left brain techniques for maximum creativity. Using the 12 week structure of The Artist's Way course along with C.J.E.A. techniques. we will work through any blocks that get in the way of your desire to write creatively and claim yourself as an artist!
Not only will you find creative writing FUN, but you will also engage in other art forms such as drawing, journaling, and clay work to help you access inherent creativity that will support your writing practice. By the time you finish the course, you will have written a variety of pieces such as: poems, short stories, diary entries, observational pieces, and more. You will also gain a rich set of tools that you can use in the future to keep your creative writing practice alive and well.
There are only 4 spots left, so R.S.V.P. soon!
Who is this for?
1) The beginning or hesitant writer
2) A seasoned writer who wants to learn a new spin on creative writing
3) Anyone who is curious about writing creatively
What will you do in this course?
1) learn how to tap into your right (creative) brain
2) explore themes of "creative recovery" such as: compassion, identity, and strength
3) work WITH your inner critic in a playful way
4) jump right into some fun, creative exercises that help you write a variety of pieces
5) connect with like-minded people who want to have fun, learn, and grow just like you
Where/When is the Course?
1) Where: West Hollywood Public Library, Community Meeting Room C
***Parking: park in the Public Library lot, and you will get 3 hours of validation (if coming from San Vicente, the lot is on the RIGHT side)
2) When: 12 weeks, September 15th through December 10th
Saturday mornings, 10 - 12 a.m.
9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10
***Note: there will be NO class on 11/26 (for Thanksgiving)
1) $550 for 3 months ($50 discount, pay through PayPal)
2) 3 installments of $200 for 3 months (can pay by PayPal or by check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a specific PayPal installments link)
To find out more about The Artist's Way, please visit Julila Cameron's website: http://juliacameronlive.com/
To find out more about C.J.E.A., please visit Lucia Capacchione's website: http://luciac.com/