ABOUT: The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre brings you this event to acknowledge Beyond the Blues Education Days which is to learn more about what mental health actually looks like - from well being factors like social support and self-esteem, to problems with common issues like mood, anxiety, and depression.
This is also The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre's NINTH year running, and we'd love for you to join us in the celebrations!
DATE: Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
TIME: 6:00-7:30pm followed by a question and answer period
LOCATION: The Chan Centre Auditorium, located in the Child & Family Research Institute Building at BC Children's & Women's Hospital: 950 West 28 Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- For Google Maps & directions, click here.
- For Campus map & directions, click here.
- For Site map, click here.
DESCRIPTION: In this presentation, you’ll learn:
- How early life experiences shape the developing brain
- How secure attachment relationships and mindfulness practices can improve learning, anxiety, relationship skills, focus and concentration in our children
- How mindfulness can improve our own health and well-being as caring adults who support children and youth
SPEAKER: Dr. Linda Uyeda:
- MD, CCFP University of British Columbia
- Fraser Health Association Youth Clinic Physicain
- Forensic Psychiatric Hospital Family Physician
- GP Champion – Doctors of BC PSP Adult and Chilld Mental Health
- Mental Health and Parenting Educator: myumwelt.ca
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
- Address: BC Children’s Hospital, Mental Health Building #85
- Room P3-302 (3rd Floor), 4500 Oak St., Vancouver, B.C. V6H 3N1
- Phone: 604-875-2084 or Toll-Free: 1-800-665-1822
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/keltymentalhealth
- Twitter: @keltycentre
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/KeltyMentalHealth
- Website: keltymentalhealth.ca
- Eating Disorders Website: keltyeatingdisorders.ca
ABOUT THE KELTY MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE CENTRE:
The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre is a provincial resource centre that provides mental health and substance use information, resources, and support to children, youth and their families who reside in BC. All services provided are free, and include educational events for families, educators and health professionals. For more about the Kelty Centre, visit our website or view our short video here: https://youtu.be/7xiSha_vcew
- *Feedback is important to us! Please remember to fill out our feedback form after the event: fluidsurveys.com/s/KeltyCentreBeyondtheBlues
- *Please note this event will be recorded and posted up on our website for future educational use.
Date and Time
The Chan Centre Auditorium
Child & Family Research Institute Building, BC Children's & Women's Hospital
950 West 28 Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4H4