The Art of Creating a Niche Blog with Simone Heng at the cARTel
Sunday, December 22, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (GST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We have a great event you won't want to miss!
1. We have Simone Heng from Virgin Radio (Cheapnchic.net) giving us a presentation/demo on the art of creating a niche blog
2. She has a lot of cool DIY stuff she's made herself and will be giving a lot of it away as prizes
3. We're going to be at the cARTel! If you havent been there it is the epitome of the fashion meets art scene right here in Dubai. http://www.thecartel.me/
4. The cARTel is going to recreate a space and create a unique environment-just for us-using the influence of local brands, art and design
5. We have free goodie bags fron Dove Arabia
6. Yummy food and snacks
7. Some fun social campaigns and overall a really unique and exciting event.
8. Bloggers and students contact me email@example.com for something special
Simone Heng is a Singapore-born, Australian broadcaster based in Dubai. She is the host of The Lowdown on the award-winning 104.4 Virgin Radio Dubai. Most recently Simone was featured on CNN Go as a Dubai city guide on CNN International. Prior to moving to Dubai in November 2008, Simone was based in Singapore, where she was the first face of TV network, HBO Asia.
Overview of the Talk:
In July 2012 Simone Heng founded Cheapnchic.net as an online hub for all things DIY-related in the UAE, the blog has since become Dubai's ultimate DIY Fashion and decor destination with a unique Satwa directory and workshop series around the country. Simone has collaborated with huge brands like Homes'R'Us, Crate and Barrel and GAP on DIY events and these engagements have not only fused Simone's love of DIY and hosting but have also created a steady stream of extra income for Simone.
As part of the lecture series at Fashion Start Ups Dubai, Simone will tell the story of Cheapnchic.net and share her tips on how to best begin a niche blog of your own.
Price: Dhs 100/person.
When & Where
TheFashSet Team (Shikkha Gupta & Rose-Helen Adamo)
TheFashSet is a community dedicated to empowering the next wave of “Fashion Stars” in the region. We are looking for Fashion Entrepreneurs, Start-ups, Designers, Stylists, Photographers, Bloggers, Publishers, Developers, Industry Professionals, PR agencies and other Influencers. Even if you are someone who just loves fashion and wants to stay on top of up and coming trends, as well as be informed on what is happening within the fashion sector in this region, then TheFashSet is for you!