The Art Institues International & Brooklynn Creative LLC. are hosting an runway show for the fashion design students!
Join Veronica Perez, Cierra McMichael, Ro, Katrina Strickler, and Candace Callahan as they embark in the fashion industry one design at a time.
As the doors open promptly at 6pm. The Seniors will host a portfolio show from 6:30pm -6:50pm, and the runway show will begin at 7pm.
The fashion show is free, however we do kindly ask that you RSVP by 12/13/16.
Veronica Monzerat Perez
- Veronica M. Perez was born and raised in Southern California. From a very young age, she found a passion for the arts, and her love for clothes. After a few years working in an office, multitasking as a Bookkeeper and Tax Preparer, she decided to pursue her love for the artistic world. Fashion Design, was the one artistic field that allowed her to use her creative drawing and designs skills and bring her ideas to life through garment construction. As a designer, she finds inspiration through haute couture designers, and intricate handmade designs. Her goal is to continue learning, sharpen her skills and eventually become a high end fashion designer. Veronica will designer a collection called, "Isla Bonita" which is a Summer/Spring 2017 collection, composed of 5 looks, all with vibrant and tropical prints. This fun collection is designed for the young, bold, sassy, passionate and confident woman. Each piece is designed to embrace a woman's femininity and confidence. Their simple, yet clean and unique design characteristics, allow for playful outfits that may be worn during sunny warm days, or for fun night outs."
Designer: Cierra M. McMichael
- Cierra Marie is a Kansas City based fashion designer who is graduating in December from The Art Institute International-Kansas City with a B.A. in Fashion Design. Through out college, Cierra has found that she is most passionate about dresses. In March 2016, she won the Presidential Scholarship for the design and execution of a wedding dress. Cierra's senior collection showcases four categories within fashion design, including bridal, costume, resort, and evening wear. As a way to create a unified statement, she is presenting a color story that begins with pure white in the first garment and gradually gradates to pink, and ends in black. She hopes to captivate you with the feminine, and fun aspects of her designs.
- A homegrown KC Designer, Josh has a flair for the eccentric and outrageous. Loving art and design from a young age but not sure where to take it he sought out the technical work of an engineer. Discovering a creative outlet in clothing he sought out the education and training to further develop his ideas, and abilities. Now presenting his first produced collection Dames En Noir, taking his culminated skills from engineering and garment construction; and drawing inspiration from Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Ataker, Elli Saab, and a myriad of many more talented designers. Dames En Noir, is a take on strength in femininity and the true power it holds. Transitioning through a range of diverse models and garments that each tell their own story on the feminine power. Candace Callahan is currently a student at The Art Institutes International - Kansas City obtaining her Bachelors of Arts in Fashion Designing. Grow
- Candace Callahan is currently a student at The Art Institutes International- Kansas City obtaining her------ Bachelors of Arts in Fashion Design. Growing up in a smaller town, Chillicothe, MO there wasn't many places to shop from, so her mother and her would come to Kansas City for their shopping needs.Candace's favorite subject had always been art, then continued to high school and was selected to be in Art Masters for 3 years. Other subject that lead to her decision to study fashion design were math, drafting by hand, also using auto CAD, then of course sewing. Candace wants to become a pattern maker after graduation and work in the industry, then develop a brand later on.
About collectionThrough, Candaces’ collection” Steadfast and Loyal” is the evolution of US army uniforms from the Vietnam War to today. Taking elements from each to incorporate in each look for the women who's significant other is in the service. You have to be a strong, fearless woman that loves fashion making a statement.
- Katrina Strickler was born on January 5th 1994. She grew up in Colony, a small town in southeastern Kansas. Her whole life she always had a keen eye for fashion, and she dreamed of becoming one of the worlds top fashion designers. The strong support she received from family and friends has helped her in the pursuit of that dream, shaping her into the designer she is today.The collection being featured is Unleashed Sequins. A combination of red carpet and evening gowns. Her life motto is never let someone dull your sparkle, and with this collection of body shaping, glittery, sequin gowns, anyone can feel beautiful and let their sparkle shine.