Actions and Detail Panel
The Agile Facilitator - Dallas, TX
Mon, May 8, 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, May 9, 2017, 5:00 PM CDT
The Agile Facilitator: Catalyzing Collaboration, Delivering Results
A Two and one-half Day Workshop for Experienced Agilists
The Agile Facilitator is a two and one-half day class (compressed into 2 calendar days) for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their facilitation skills in general, especially as applied to Agile ceremonies, collaborative events and other team “moments of truth.” The workshop will focus on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context.
Class times - please note evening course time on Day 1
- Day 1: 9am to 8pm
- Day 2: 9am to 5pm
Who Would Benefit from the Class
- Beginning ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers well versed in the agile basics and who have experienced an agile team.
- Experienced ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers.
- Agile Coaches who want increased facilitation skills and results.
- Anyone interested in bringing more rigor and structure to their facilitation of Agile ceremonies and other collaborative events.
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
While mastering facilitation skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Understand and practice the art of collaborative meeting design, including the importance of smart preparation that will reduce overall cost and increase the effectiveness of your meetings.
- Practice techniques for skillfully facilitating core Agile meetings and ceremonies with playfulness and a collaborative spirit, while still focused on key deliverables.
- Gain rich, well-delivered feedback on your growing facilitation skills.
- Give you ideas for designing meetings in which the team interacts with the team so they can do the heavy-lifting.
- Understand how to address some of the dysfunctional behaviors you see preventing your team from achieving maximum success.
- Learn how to define, discuss, and ACHIEVE consensus with the team for faster and better decision making.
- Come away with your own facilitator self-development plan.
- This class satisfies the Agile Team Facilitator portion of classroom learning for the IC Agile Coaching & Facilitation track.
- When taught by Lyssa Adkins, CST, Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level.
- It also counts for PMI PDUs.
- Levels of Agile Coaching. How the Agile Team Facilitator fits into a development path for agile coaching.
- The Facilitator Stance. A powerful way to “do” and “be” that let’s you serve the team without being their servant.
- Designing meetings. Learn how to design agile team meetings that are both full of interaction and discovery, and are able to achieve their purpose in record time.
- Aiding Decision-Making. Stop the recycling issues and half-made decisions that plague teams by helping the team reach consensus that sticks.
- Facilitation vs. Telling Them What to Do. We’ll help you see how to walk this tightrope with tips and tricks, and also with insights you begin to see about yourself.
- Facilitating at the Start. “Well begun is half way done,” as Mary Poppins says. Learn how to facilitate team chartering sessions and get them kicked off the right way.
- Facilitating the Agile Practices Throughout. Learn how to design, facilitate and follow-up (without nagging). We’ll go through each agile meeting step-by-step: sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives, standup, release planning.
- The Tricky Parts. Learn to address difficult attitudes, dysfunctional behaviors and unproductive actions that keep meetings from achieving their outcomes. And yes...this includes YOUR attitudes, behaviors and actions.
- Facilitation Practice. We won’t just talk about it. You’ll do it. And, you will receive clear and useful feedback so that you can improve fast!
- ICAgile Team Facilitator learning objectives
- Core IAF Facilitator Competencies
- ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Model
- The Agile Facilitator is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Team Facilitation track. After successful completion of The Agile Facilitator, you can apply for ICAgile Professional continuing education certifications in Team Facilitation, provided you meet ICAgile's prerequisites. To receive the ICAgile Continuing Education Certification, you must not miss more than 1 hour of class. Learn more at ICAgile.
- The Agile Facilitator is also approved by the Scrum Alliance and yields 16 SEUs toward your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or to support your existing Scrum Alliance certifications, such as the CSM. Learn more at the Scrum Alliance.
- Any learning in Agile is typically acceptable to the Project Management Institute as continuing education. The Agile Facilitator yields 16 PDUs that you can claim toward your PMI-ACP or to support your existing PMI certifications, such as the PMP. Learn more at the PMI.
We make business decisions based on how many people have registered for a given event. If you must change or cancel your registration, please know that it impacts everyone. Still, we know that sometimes things happen. Here's how it will work if you must reschedule or cancel:
If you notify ACI at least 15 business days prior to the event, you may receive full credit for a future event -or-
a full refund.
If you notify ACI less than 15 business days prior to the event, you may receive full credit for a future event minus a $25 rescheduling fee -or- a full refund minus a $100 cancellation fee.
If you notify ACI less than 5 business days prior to the event, you may receive full credit for a future event minus a $150 rescheduling fee plus any additional expenses incurred for catering and event charges resulting from your cancellation. No refunds.
Date and Time
4501 Highway 360
Fort Worth, TX 76155